General Multipla Alarm/Keys

Currently reading:
General Multipla Alarm/Keys

paul566

hi all i have a multipla elx 1.6 petrol on a 02 plate.
my problem is i let my battery run flat while i was off work sick after having an operation. i came back to my car after 2 weeks and battery was flat so i got a battery charger and stuck my battery on charge . after it charged i connected it and now the keys dont work to disable the alarm or unlock the doors the l.e.d on the keyfob flashes when i press the button but nothing happens please help cant really afford a massive garage bill.:bang:

update. the car starts with both keys and one othe keys needs soldering inside for the microswitch. but still no joy with disabling the alarm, does anyone know how to turn it off completely. any help on this matter would be greatly apprieciated cheers.:bang:

after days of messing with my car i finally just removed the alarm box from under the bonnet so no alarm now , car works fine and as normal, just goes to show if you want to steal a fiat before you brake into it just remove the two plugs in the alarm box . hey fiat alarms are good :).

That will only work if some numbnut lets the battery go flat. The batteries in the alarm control unit you removed have been completely discharged and obviously damaged. This has allowed you to disconnect it without the siren going off (no power). The unit if disconnected with functioning internal batteries will sound the siren for hours. So not so easy to steal now is it?

I had to re-solder my key last night to get the button working to unlock the car and disable the alarm, and vice versa.
It worked last night no problem, worked again this morning, took the kids to the cinema, worked again to lock it, no problem, came out of the cinema, and nothing, I was stood for 10 minutes trying to open the damn thing with no joy, eventually we get a ride home with greenflag, who at this rate are going to start offering me frequent flyer miles, so I am home, so is the car, but the problem remains how the hell to get my car on speaking terms with my key again?

I had to re-solder my key last night to get the button working to unlock the car and disable the alarm, and vice versa.
It worked last night no problem, worked again this morning, took the kids to the cinema, worked again to lock it, no problem, came out of the cinema, and nothing, I was stood for 10 minutes trying to open the damn thing with no joy, eventually we get a ride home with greenflag, who at this rate are going to start offering me frequent flyer miles, so I am home, so is the car, but the problem remains how the hell to get my car on speaking terms with my key again?

Do you need to disable it to drive it now? If so try this... in your handbook there is a section for the alarm and how to disable it. Page 13(?) I think. If you have now handbook there is one in the "stuff" section of the www.multiplaowners.co.uk website for nosejobs that could help or on the microsite for repairs here:
https://sites.google.com/site/fiatmultipla/Home/repairs

Let us know how you get on!

after days of messing with my car i finally just removed the alarm box from under the bonnet so no alarm now , car works fine and as normal, just goes to show if you want to steal a fiat before you brake into it just remove the two plugs in the alarm box . hey fiat alarms are good :).
Hi paul i know im dragging this up from a while ago but really struggling to remove the plugs from the alarm box, was there a knack to it as i dont want to force it but seems real stiff?
cheers

Back