Technical Multipla airbag light on ? Clockring

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla airbag light on ? Clockring

2000 round nose 105 JTD

Hello everyone,
I have the airbag light on and when I remove the driver airbag, reconnect it and clear the fault codes, it's OK for a few weeks/months and then I have to repeat the process.
I have a replacement airbag, but I am now suspicious of the clockring - is this integral with the stalk control module or is it a separate unit?
If anyone can help I will be really grateful as I am loathe to remove the steering wheel without good reason.
Mike

The clockspring is a separate unit, taking off the steering wheel is easy, two torx drive screws at 3 and 9 o'clock on back of wheel and centre cover is off, only one nut in centre holds wheel on, just make sure you have it on straight ahead position when removing and refitting or it will end up to one side when going straight ahead.
Similar problem with my 2000 110jtd, light comes on occasionally and centre airbag fault stored, unplugging and reconnecting white multiplug under centre footrest and clearing fault cures it for a few months, believe only 5 volts used to test circuit on start up.

Air bag light is normally the orange connector under the seats is it not. Several old posts. I think they debate soldering, but I did not have to do that just push it together better I seem to remember. I cannot see an issue removing plug and soldering wires.

MK2 is different/better? plug but I had similar issue to MK1 under seats.
They have both been OK since.

On side note - just googled do air bags need replacing ? AA answered
When airbags were first introduced they were anticipated to last 10 years and were dated accordingly. In light of experience this was extended to 15 years and more recently there’s been no ‘replace by’ date indicated at all.

The MOT test doesn’t check airbag age – only warning light function – and it’s unlikely to make economic sense to renew airbags on such an aged vehicle.

In 2010 the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders was reported as saying “the service requirement had been ‘totally phased out’ because airbags had stood the test of time, and were intended to last the lifetime of a car, unless damaged, without the need for servicing.”

google this one - Red airbag light AGAIN!

reading it. I think opening and closing connector resets the air bag so soldering would stop you doing reset ? I would give them all a good wiggle and look at and plug them home firmly.

Thank you all for your help, I will check all the connectors again and see how we go. I didn't realise that disconnecting the driver wheel airbag caused a reset, this may explain the intermittent phenomenon but not the location of the poor contact.
If I find anything will post it.

Back