Technical Multipla aftermarket Gearbox mounts

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla aftermarket Gearbox mounts

Hi All, i've had a quick search for this but apologies if i'm dragging up previously answered questions.

Last week my gearbox mount failed going over a ramp at some temporary roadworks. We were not amused.

Anyway, soon found the issue and found on here that genuine Fiat parts were discontinued. Found (cheapest) aftermarket part on bay of e.

The part that arrived is zinc plated pressed steel compared to the old Aluminium cast part. I was quite happy as the old one had lots of galvanic corrosion.
s!AukSrRWQQIhDiVYxEWtyTNsOj7bH

Anyway, all back together and i'm getting a lot of vibration on idle. Has anyone else had experience of fitting the cheap alternative mount or is it more likely to be another mount that has suffered from the incident?

Thanks all in advance!

The failure of the gearbox mount certainly will have put a heck of a lot of strain on the remaining mounts.

Thanks for you post as I have to replace gearbox mount at some point.

Please try adding pic again .

Thanks Jackwhoo, I need to get under it and check the other mounts (3?). Going to try and remove clean and reseal the gearbox end plate as per 4th gear fix to hopefully clear the slight gearbox leak this Saturday.
I'll try to add pic via app - hopefully more success. I'm more at home with tools than threads.
IMG_20170626_061230.jpg

That looks very much like my current mount , perhaps I should get on and order a new one.

I bought this item:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161944765491
But it looks nothing like the picture, and like I said I'm not sure if my new vibration is linked to a poor quality mount. Might try Wd40 as mentioned in other threads to 'soften' the rubber.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Engine has 2 mounts
Gearbox has 2 mounts
Check them all first.
Could be vibration different now because old mount was very poor condition before it failed.
I have found original birth anti roll bar bushes very well made, possibly an oe supplier to fiat.

Engine has 2 mounts
Gearbox has 2 mounts
Check them all first.
Could be vibration different now because old mount was very poor condition before it failed.
I have found original birth anti roll bar bushes very well made, possibly an oe supplier to fiat.

Possibly I think so.

I often use Birth ones I feel their parts always in good condition and good quality.
I didn't know diesel has 4 mounts,mine petrol has 3,2 for engine and 1 for gearbox.
You know the lower rear mount is prone to get worse. So I change rest of mounts once out of twice of doing this one.

Last edited:
A quick update, I've done about 1200 miles since swapping the mount and the vibration at idle has improved so maybe it was a case of the new rubber softening up. As mentioned though I was also impressed by the quality of the original birth part.
I also completed my remove and reseal of the gearbox end plate and sprayed with some completely unnecessary silver paint. Couldn't for the life of me undo the gearbox drain plug as it was covered by the bottom arm. I have an inch long piece of 12mm hex bar so will ask some kind person at work to weld it to a solid looking piece of steel as a make shift spanner. Managed to drain about 0.75 L via the end plate and topped up with fresh oil. Next job is refurb my fiat forum sourced coupe turbo alloys to replace the eleganza 17s over winter.

Back