General Multijet options

Currently reading:
General Multijet options

Am i right in thinking you can't get a new Multijet with Skydome pack 'and' climate control (or air con)? (n)

If thats the case I don't know what to do... i'll have to pick one or the other, but i really wanted the skydome... but the climate control would be useful more often i guess.

I think i'm decided on the engine anyway, will have to be the Multijet, i'm a little concerned about the other thread questioning the reliability of the engines though. I was under the impression the a diesel engine would last a lot longer than petrol. If I do get a Panda, i think i'd like to keep it for quite a few years... is the Multijet the one to choose for long term reliability?

cheers!:cool:

Yes, yes, yes, yes - go for the Multijet.........

We changed from a 2003 punto 1.2 petrol to a new Panda 1.3 Diesel and have found that our running costs are one third less with the diesel. We regularly get between 54 and 64 mpg (depending on driving style) - with the petrol punto is was more like 38 - 45 mpg.

We have now travelled 11600 miles in the Panda since november 2006 and it has proved faultless - It's going in for it's first service on tuesday 6th Feb - have been quoted £166 fully inclusive by the dealer - this is Fiats fixed cost servicing.

Oh ....... Forgot to mention about the Climate Control and Skydome.

We have the Climate Control option - Much better than Air Conditioning (in our old car) as it really is fully automatic - You set the exact temperature you require on the digital display and the system maintains this temp whatever the outside weather or number of steaming rugby players inside !

The Climate Control can demist all the windows in less than two minutes - Air Con could do the windscreen in about 5 mins and the rest of the windows eventually - but with aircon and demisting you are mixing 'conditioned' air and 'warmed' air from the heater - With Climate' the cold & hot air are 'conditioned'.

As for skydome - We didnt see the need as the Panda has so much glass area already.

Back