Technical Multiecuscan key programming

Currently reading:
Technical Multiecuscan key programming

forzaf1

So I have purchased a Delphi 433mhz fiat key and together with multiecuscan and the key code I got from the dealer, have tried to code it to the car.

I get "transponder not valid for this vehicle".

Any ideas where this is going wrong?

Thanks

So I have purchased a Delphi 433mhz fiat key and together with multiecuscan and the key code I got from the dealer, have tried to code it to the car.

I get "transponder not valid for this vehicle".

Any ideas where this is going wrong?

Thanks
I believe the imbolosier has to be pre "coded" to the car before it is added to the ECU

@ponsaloti is a auto locksmith may be able to explain the procdues needed to add a new key

I've bought a key with chip but I've been too scared to do it. I'm looking at a bit of kit that will code spares for me as most cars I get have only got one but it;s a matter of getting the correct chips. I've heard about this pre-coding too and when I was looking at the full set up which was expensive there was a separate bit of kit to pre code before the actual coding itself. Not sure whether this applies to the bit of kit I'm looking at as the youtube video I watched on it, didn't show or mention pre-coding but maybe that was because it was coding a spare, rather than the remote. It's something I really want to get into doing.

I've bought a key with chip but I've been too scared to do it. I'm looking at a bit of kit that will code spares for me as most cars I get have only got one but it;s a matter of getting the correct chips. I've heard about this pre-coding too and when I was looking at the full set up which was expensive there was a separate bit of kit to pre code before the actual coding itself. Not sure whether this applies to the bit of kit I'm looking at as the youtube video I watched on it, didn't show or mention pre-coding but maybe that was because it was coding a spare, rather than the remote. It's something I really want to get into doing.

From my reviews of multiecuscan no one said about pre-coding. I feel Ive been led on abit :)

Certainly worth investing in something to pre-code and then do it as over time you will get your back money back, thats for sure.

I've done a similar thing with Subarus in the past - normally there's the remote in the new key (which should sync easily) and a separate transponder chip which needs to be coded into the BCU (and maybe speedo / ecu, as in the Subaru). Normally coding the new chip into the BCU is a job for a main agent because you need the car's unique pin code (otherwise any old car thief could add a new key), and the transponder needs to be blank so you can perform the pre-coding, though from what I understand FCA are much more willing to give out the PIN code than most manufacturers (a good thing IMO).

However there is one 'dodge' which most locksmiths can perform relatively cheaply / easily even without needing the car's pin code - you can clone the existing key's transponder, and then the new key will work straight off the bat (though this would need to be confirmed by a locksmith since some immo systems use a rolling code, and an unused clone key would quickly go out of sync).

Alternately, has anyone tried adding a 2nd hand fob from another 500 direct to the BCU using the Fiat PIN? Presumably that wouldn't need pre-coding. Edit: just did a little more reading, this won't work since the precode is apparently specific to the car.

Edit2: Looks like a lot of this has been covered in an older thread, and @minirib had the ability to create the precode data from an eeprom dump:

Last edited:
So got the guy today to pre code the key I got from Ali Express. I don't think multiecuscan can do it, in which case it kind of seems abit of a pointless feature to have.
Not a totally pointless feature. I will admit/say that the MES information on programming keys is rather vague.

I remember the early days of FiatECUScan (FES) and later MES where people were asking/badgering for key programming and I suspect they really didn't understand the complexities. Yani refused for a long time to support key programming because he did not want people turning their cars into a brick.

Anyway MES now supports both key and remote programming on certain vehicles BUT clearly only for the correct keys ordered against VIN fiat Fiat Dealer (for applicable vehicles that have the pre-coding).

This means that for keys that require this pre-coding then by the time you have bought the key, got the body computer PIN, etc. then you might just as well let the dealer do it all and if the screw up it is not your problem. Yes I know expensive.

Keep us posted on how the pre-coding and final coding went and how much it cost you overall.

Back