Multiecuscan free or registered version ?

Currently reading:
Multiecuscan free or registered version ?

I have the free version of multiecuscan but was thinking of getting the registered version but it is 50euro (£43) to purchase, what is was wanting to know is doeas anyone have a registered version and what is the difference ie: what can you do with the registered one that you cant on free one, I have looked on website but it just mentions "yes on available modules" for things that you can do ? . can you reprogram things like tickover etc, has anyone bought it and do you think was worth it ( have used free one 5 times in last 3 years to read / clear airbag fault )

thanks

I've the purchased version, forget the reason for buying it (it was for one of the extra features but was so long ago now). Having several Fiats in the household it was £43 well spent IMO, but if you only use it ocassionally might be worth just sticking with the free version unless / until you need a feature the paid for version gets you.

I've the purchased version, forget the reason for buying it (it was for one of the extra features but was so long ago now). Having several Fiats in the household it was £43 well spent IMO, but if you only use it ocassionally might be worth just sticking with the free version unless / until you need a feature the paid for version gets you.

thanks for that, as you say could pay for it when i need other features - just not sure what they are lol

Sorry for late replay.

Look here: http://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx

Find your car/cars in the list. Modules written in RED require the paid for license.

The unlicensed/free version will work OK with modules/systems written in black.

The free version has some other limitations

1) Has time limited sessions of 20 miniutes after which you just close and restart the program

2) Only 4 parameters can be monitored and graphed at the same time

there are others which you can see in the comparison table here (scroll down):

http://www.multiecuscan.net/Default.aspx

MutliECUScan complete package is made of two parts

1) Software
2) Hardware

Both can be bought either separately or together.

For a license then:

Gendan currently charge £45.96 for an MES license.
MultiECUScan direct is 50 Euros

The choice is yours.

As for hardware then if you are in the UK and want a trouble free (and if not) fully supported hardware experience then IMHO Gendan (as recommended distributor) is the only way to go.

Your choice of software/hardware supplier (either split or combined) is down to you.

This summer I bought the hardware and registered software version, for the price I am very happy.

Be carefull, cheap hardware sometimes don't work, read warning on multiecuscan website.

For the software I bought licence on website directly, cheaper way.

For hardware, I bought on ebay :
http://www.ebay.ch/usr/idiagnostics

Great seller, ask him if you have a question, for me works fine, a perfect transaction (although my first choice was wrong, he helped me )

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Ideally you need your own laptop. I use a netbook, which is smaller and easier to use in the car.

initial work will be resetting 4 things on her Idea.., ( that need FULL cover :( )
so using her Laptop works well enough for me,(y)

yes I WOULD like a laptop of my own.. but can't justify the money right now.. as I'll only use it for this :bang:

my basic Engine reader has been fine until now.. , as It's only ever been used on other peoples cars,;)

Charlie

Full MES does that . and MORE..!!, (y)
just key-coding that's an obvious omission, ;)
Charlie
yes now that would be nice, software i use for mrs corsa has programming stuff but you need the 4 digit car code to be able to program anything and we dont have it :cry: and of course vauxhall want loads of money just to look it up for you :bang::bang:

i have paid for mes,i bought an ex company dell computer off ebay loaded it with basic windows xp downloaded NET Framework 3.5 (that was a pain ) and just use it for that so it doesn't get corrupted
it works really well but occasionally it wont connect to cars for airbags or power steering or even basic engine codes though
i use a gendan for quick engine data like yesterday to prove a customers ecu had gone down
the most important thing i use it for is to power up electric fans via the body computer so i know they are working,im sure you can do this in the free edition though but timing out after 20 minutes was a real pain

i would like fiat examiner of course

what system requirement would I need for a Laptop to run MES well ?,

I'm now looking as it's "sale-time" ,

Charlie

Anything you buy in the shops now will be fine for it.
Personaly i would try get one with windows 7 on as they will probably be cheaper and its what a lot of people are running. Only other thing is what else you going to use it for ?

Back