Technical Multiecuscan Cables for Barchetta Fiat Airbag light problem

Currently reading:
Technical Multiecuscan Cables for Barchetta Fiat Airbag light problem

yawataboy

HI, I have problem with airbag light doesn't turn off, and have bought Cable Unit with 3 pin adapter for Multiecuscan 4.9 version, and having following condition.

- Setting up softwares on my Windows 10 PC was successfully done with the help of engineer from where I bought the cable unit.

- I confirmed that there are 3 airbag connectors with 3 pin for the cable unit. One under the steering, one at the left side of driver's seat, one under dashboard at passenger airbag location.

- I confirmed that under dashboard connector is not right condition because when I connect cable unit with it, a lamp on the unit doesn't turn on. I could confirm that when I connect Driver's seat side 3 pin connector, the light on the cable unit turns on.

- Even though connecting the right condition 3 pin connector at Driver's seat side didn't react to the Multiecuscan application in my PC.

What do I have to do in this situation?

Does the Airbag computer under the dashboard is not operating, and that's why Multiecuscan doesn't react? Should I do something about the battery connection(turn off and turn on) before I do the same procedure?

Maybe I should try working with 3 pin connector in Engine room for Engine should be tested, and see the result.

If you have any similar experience, please help for me. My Barchetta is 1998 model, and everything is fine except for the airbag light.

Thank you.

Hi, In addition to my question, I have following question.

- There are two aligator clamp with the 3 pin adapter in my cable unit. I don't know why this is with it. Does the 3 pin connectors on the car are not automatically receiving the electricity within it? Why do supplemental electricity is required from battery, if these aligator clamps are set onto the car battery.
I would like to know when do I use these aligator clamps, and when do I not need to use them. I mean in what occasion I need or not need them.

- It looks like there are two airbag OBD connectors on passenger seat side, one under the dashboard, and the other around the foot well. I haven't confirmed the foot well one.

Hi,

Yes, you will need to connect the crocodile connectors to 12v, otherwise it will not work for anything on this car. Use the battery or the cigar lighter. As far as I know there is only one airbag obd connector for the airbags and that is directly above the passenger foot well, clipped on behind the airbag etc. You need to lie in your back with a torch to see it. Good luck!

Mike

Hi, THank you for your comment.
Today, I tried the connection with the connector under dashboard on passenger side, but this one is not the foot well under the floor sheet, and I used aligator clamps connected to battery, I could turn the light of the cable unit on, and successfully connected with PC.
It was very easy to reset the airbag light, and everything was done successfully.

Mike, you are talking about the cigar lighter, but how can I use the aligator clamp with lighter? Where should I clamp it? It will be a useful information for someone who doesn't have jump starter extension code to rearch engine room for battery connection from the passenger seat.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi, Voko, I see, Thank you for the information. So, having this kind of cigarett socket with wires cut condition is quite useful to get electricity in the cockpit, right. I didn't know this, and it can help well for future. Thank you.

Here after having solved the lighting problem, I would like to know one more thing.

This time, the problem of airbag light was at the seatbelt pretensioner according to the Multiecuscan analyze. I could easily erase the light by resetting throught Multiecuscan. But did the problem of pretensioner still exist, or I could successfully erase the light because the pretensioner problem had already solved?

I am not sure about Multiecuscan can force the resetting system even if the problem of pretensioner still exist. Or I wouldn't be able to erase the airbag light if pretensioner still have problems.

Do anyone know about this to answer? Solvig the lighting problem is to pass the registration, but the real safty problem has to be solved at the same time.

I believe the light won’t reset if the fault still exists, or at the very least it will come back on very soon when the ECU checks. Most likely intermittent connectors under the seat, and, if the the light stays off, you have fixed that problem.

I had similar on my 99 B, this is what I did-

Success!! :)
All faults cleared and warning lights extinguished.

I'll set out the process that worked for me-
Turn ignition off and key out - wait 15mins
Disconnect battery and turn on headlights!
Wait an hour
Disconnect airbags
(at this point I also removed the seats to determine if I have pretensioners - I do!)
Check and Clean all connectors
Spray them with contact cleaner
Re-connect - ensure they are all fully home.
My car has a passenger airbag so at this point I turned it off.
Connect the 3 pin lead to ecu and to the laptop - use jump leads from the battery to the small crocodile clips
Turn ignition on
Open MES
Click on Connect
Then Clear errors - at this point my errors all cleared.
Disconnect lead to ecu
Start engine to confirm.
Turn engine off and remove keys
Turn passenger airbag back on
Start engine to confirm again.

Back