Technical Multi Air oil and servicing

Currently reading:
Technical Multi Air oil and servicing

Well I'm now due to do, myself, my 4 year service and out of warranty.

I have some Selenia Digitek PE in stock but have decided and purchased 5L of Petronas Syntium 7000E 0W-30, API SN, ACEA C2.

I also note that Castrol now do a Magnatec 0W-30 ACEA C2 Fully Synthetic Oil (Castrol Magnatec Stop-Start 0W-30 C2) but oddly for the 500X they say:

"Refer to dealer - Engine 55263624
Unfortunately we cannot determine a suitable product for your vehicle. This may be due to the fact we do not have a product that matches your specification or more information regarding your vehicle is needed."

I have the full Petronas 7000E and Petronas Selenia Digitek PE specifications and they do very slightly differ so am happy to go with the Petronas 7000E although Petronas say it is not recommended / suitable.

For those with any MultiAir Fiat under warranty but choose independent servicing then I will ALWAYS say ensure your garage only uses Selenia Digitek PE (or whatever the latest MultiAir engines require as documented in your owner's handbook. By doing so, despite possibly no performance difference and increased price, Fiat will not be able to wriggle on the grounds of oil used. We know the MultiAir engines are sensitive to oil specifications due to their unique valve control system so due care etc. has to be taken before chucking any old oil in.

Back