MR2 Ferrari 355 replicas.

Currently reading:
MR2 Ferrari 355 replicas.

Damien_C

These cars get on my nerves.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Was driving around today and saw a red rep, looked like a Ferrari about 3 miles away but when you look at it you can see it is a copy. I looked at the fella driving it and shoke my head at him. Why would you make a perfectly good MR2 look like a Ferrari. They don't have the performance of a Ferrari or the style as the kit can eb spotted a mile off and the spacers that are needed for the alloys are a joke if you want them.

Anyone else feel the same??

Yep I saw one a few years ago. I guess people try to become someone they're not with whatever they have - e.g. one guy at work reckons he's David Beckham with this look - does that make him David Beckham? I don't think so!! :shakehead

Attachments

• db.jpg
    db.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 998
these kits are a good basis for modification to make them more of your own. Often i look at supercars and still would change them, kits like this make this possible - after all, who has the disposable income to modify a supercar?

Replica kitcars IMO arent right unless the originals are so rare to get hold of, or done properly. The hawk HF (Lancia stratos replica), Tornado TS40 (GT40 replica), lola t70 etc are all examples of replica's. The hawk ended up being a better car than the stratos!

I used to like them years ago, but I think as I've matured (bit like cheese) I've realised that owning one would bring me NO satisfaction. Let's face it, and don't get me wrong, I LOVE ferrari's, but they are driven by TOSSERS! So what does driving a fake ferrari say about the owner? Wannabe tosser? :D I'd rather have a mint MR2 turbo and use the 12K it takes to convert it into a car that would actually keep up with REAL ferrari's (y)

these kits are a good basis for modification to make them more of your own. Often i look at supercars and still would change them, kits like this make this possible - after all, who has the disposable income to modify a supercar?

Replica kitcars IMO arent right unless the originals are so rare to get hold of, or done properly. The hawk HF (Lancia stratos replica), Tornado TS40 (GT40 replica), lola t70 etc are all examples of replica's. The hawk ended up being a better car than the stratos!

I think where you are coming from is ok they are kit cars specifically desinged to take the persona of another car these MR2 reps aren't kit cars they are made by extending an original body structure and some are very badly done. The difference between this kits and this MR2 is that it is blatantly not a Ferrari they don't even have the correct seats the proportions are wrong etc.

I used to like them years ago, but I think as I've matured (bit like cheese) I've realised that owning one would bring me NO satisfaction. Let's face it, and don't get me wrong, I LOVE ferrari's, but they are driven by TOSSERS! So what does driving a fake ferrari say about the owner? Wannabe tosser? :D I'd rather have a mint MR2 turbo and use the 12K it takes to convert it into a car that would actually keep up with REAL ferrari's (y)

Would have to agree there with ya. Mr2 Turbos are fast cars as it is but with 12k behind you could have a full HKS rebuild and nudging the 500bhp barrier with all set up and done. And anyway there is a JDM style otu there already for JDM cars.

Or even worse, as the base cars nothing like the end product....

the "Extreme" 360

umferrari.jpg

can you guess what its based on? Ill give you a clue, its not even RWD or rear engined:rolleyes:

Back