General Mr Cinq & DJ Bucho should be............

Currently reading:
General Mr Cinq & DJ Bucho should be............

Hiya mate,

yes I am still alive and kicking, unlike my car at the moment that is STILL getting repaired.

I've now been stuck with a new nissan Micra for a week and a half and I can't wait to get Mr Cinq back.

Hopefully I should get him back tomorrow or if not friday, pictures will be posted once I get him back, along with the list of mods that will be coming soon, including full sound system install :) and skirts as well as an interior make over etc.

More details will follow.

I'll let you all know when Mr Cinq is back on the UK roads.

we went and seen him today and the work they had done on him was looking great. I am well impressed considering what it was looking like before it went into the bodyshop :D

Hopefully you will get it back tomora brian :D:D:D As i have been syaing its better to wait that little bit longer for it to be spot on! :D

Like a phoenix from the flames, Mr Cinq lives again :D

I went and picked him up today at about 4:30pm and the work that Anderson & Young carried out was superb, the finish on the paint is excellent and there’s no signs of any accident damage at all.

All that remains now is to get all of the interior back in and start on the mammoth list of mods I have planned for him.

Speaking of mods, it was only a few minutes after returning home from the bodyshop with him, that the Allen keys were out and my old "MOMO Jet" steering wheel was off, (Peaster2k is not the proud owner of this) and my new "MOMO Team" steering wheel was in place.

I've not driven him with the new wheel on yet, as even just driving home the car felt a little weird compared to the new Micra courtesy car.

Also while the interior is out (I removed most of it so the bodyshop wouldn't have to, I thought it best to do so as I can store the interior in the house and it’d save the bodyshop time which means I could get the car back quicker), I wanted to route the wiring for my sound system, as was well as reinstall some of the sound proofing I had to remove so they could repair the 3/4 panel.

I think its going to take a couple of weeks before he is fully back to normal with everything back where it should be, but as my friends know I am a perfectionist and taking time to do things right is always better than doing things quickly and having to redo them at a later date.

Pictures of my car will be posted up tomorrow, as it was wet and quite dark once we had put both mine and Peaster2k's new wheel on.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a drier, warmer day and I can get underway with sorting out Mr Cinq.

Thanks for everyone’s kind words and support, I will be at the Arnison Centre in a couple of weeks or so with a better and tidier Mr Cinq.

Brian :D & Mr Cinq

DJ_Bucho said:
(Peaster2k is not the proud owner of this)

Pictures of my car will be posted up tomorrow, as it was wet and quite dark once we had put both mine and Peaster2k's new wheel on.

Oh yes pics of both wheels are in order tomora :D:D:D:D

DJ_Bucho said:
Like a phoenix from the flames, Mr Cinq lives again :D

Told you he would, i am never wrong and u knows it:D:D:D:D

He did look the biz when me and Brian called into pick him up this afternoon, he still had that smell of new paint (mmm lovely). Can not wait to see how it all turns out when you get him back to the proper way :D:D:D

Glad to see you got him back Brian (Don't think I have seen you this happy in a while and no doubt you will express this after a few drinks).

David

Well it might have been very different if the Assessor had decided to write him off but the man obviously knew quality when he saw it and decided that the only fitting thing to do was to allow Mr Cinq to return from the ashes and claim his rightful place. For this, we are both very grateful. Thank you Jim Marshall.

The many many long and arduous phone calls and discussions that have taken place over the past few weeks have obviously been well worth the end result. Glad to see you back on the road, Son.

Tosh

All is well then I see, initial post was just a premonition (sp?)

Any news of extra cash as a way of compensation for your troubles or is the Micra meant to be enough?

Liam

First of all thanks to everyone for them comments, I'm sure Mr Cinq will be back to normal in no time at all. At the moment there is no news of any further compensation, but my solicitors are chasing that up and my dad helped me put my case together so fingers crossed I should get a bit of money out of it and keep my NCB etc. But I will keep you all posted on whats happening about this.

Secondly I forgot to add the list of mods I have planned for him, so here they are in no particular order:

Abarth Side Skirts to spray and fit.

Mesh front bumper, smooth rubs strips and add a splitter.

Smooth, spray and fit new rear bumper.

Install new Kenwood 10cm component speakers in dash.

Custom make a false floor for the boot with a twin amp rack on the near-side for my two Kenwood amps, and modify my Seicento Autoacustics subbox to fit on the near-side for my Kenwood sub.

Spray the left and right air vents yellow.

Fit my twin A pillar gauge pod holder, and buy some gauges to go in there.

Fit OMP Vega gear knob, chrome surround and leather gear gaiter.

Install my under-dash neons.

Install my under seat neons.

Custom make some door pockets to hold a pair of 6 x 9's and a pair of 6 1/2" speakers.

Re-install sound proofing and cover the floor pan with acoustic cloth.

Custom make a dash mount for my Sony PSONE with screen.

Convert the existing green and red dash lights to a blue and red set-up like the VW Golf's.

Strip, Paint and fit Novitec Antiroll bar.

Fit Eibach front springs instead of the current PI springs.

Get Cam cover powder coated red.

Spray ECU black and modify existing Alarm bracket.

Get 30 front, 60 back and 90 rear window tints done my tints window tinting.

Get boot de-locked and de-wipered.

Single wiper conversion from a mk2 Fiat Uno.

Get a badboy bonnet and possibly a Williams Clio bonnet vent.

Right that is everything I can think of at the moment, this will of course take quite a bit of time and money, but my car is a long term project and as anyone that knows me will tell you I take ages to do anything on my car as I want it to be right first time.

Any other idea on what to do will be very much appretiated.

Brian

Last edited:
Phew! I got tired just reading that!

Sounds awesome but also will be sometime before they are all in place but for anyone who hasn't seen Brian's Cinq then it looks brand new!

Liam

Once again Liam thanks for your very kind words.

While the interior is out I'm going to have the dash off and get the 10cm component speakers installed as well as the power cables for the amps along with the rest of the speaker wiring etc, so that I wont have to have the carpets up again, hopefully.

It will take a while, but it will be worth the effort in the end. I'll just have to find time to do everything I have planned.

Brian

Unfortunatly it is yes, my Avatar is a Photoshop job, but hopefully it the near future it will become reality.

Peaster2k popped over today and took some pictures so you'll be able to see his new wheel (my old one), as well as the wheel I replaced it with. I hope you like it.

Picture will be on here soon.

Brian

Back