Technical MPG mk2 1.2 8valve, now excellent

Currently reading:
Technical MPG mk2 1.2 8valve, now excellent

david295

Established member
After all the problems i had with mpg, i did a bit of work on car, and i finnally got 568 miles to a full tank, which i think is excellent, any one else got opinion

what did u do to achieve this?
I put new 4spark spark plugs, oil change, new leads, cleaned injectors, and i put some crazy looking cone air filter i've never seen one like it it also makes it sound really sporty, the only issue is now the water bubbling noise coming from behind centre console, which gets louder when i rev car when i first start it, after about 5 mins it stopes bubbling

Sort out the gurgling by bleeding the coolant till it stops. You have air in there and your headgasket won't tolerate it for very long. Well done on the work and tks for the info.

Sort out the gurgling by bleeding the coolant till it stops. You have air in there and your headgasket won't tolerate it for very long. Well done on the work and tks for the info.
when i undo the bleed screaws no air comes out just coolant, i did recently flush the system.
is there any special way to bleed the coolent system

Be persistant. It doesn't have a proper header tank so keep the level up to the top of the filler neck when you're bleeding. Keep squishing the hoses, opening the screws and running the motor on and off - swearing a bit helps. Some people have used a bit of hose jammed on the filler neck to get the level higher and some park on a hill for the same reason.

Back