MP3 radio into Non MP3 Car

Currently reading:
MP3 radio into Non MP3 Car

Chewy123

Hey all

just bought my son a 62 plate Punto pop

Tt comes with the standard radio however sure he will want some sort of technology (bluetooth, wireless, aux etc etc)

if I was to buy the MP3 version of the radio from a better model car (blaupunkt) would this be a direct fit and would all the steering controls work as normal

if not how much does a wiring harness, facia plate and decent head unit set people back

TIA for any info

I’m not sure they carried in MP3 playing abilities of the CD player when USB and blue and me appeared. If you don’t have these things in the car then you can’t add them by changing the head unit as the blue and me computer is a separate module. In any case the fiat radios are terrible and don’t really work. Your son would likely be much happier with a radio that he can stream music over Bluetooth from online streaming services, something that puntos of that era were never designed to do.

So the advice I give anyone with a Punto radio query is to ditch the OEM radio and fit something aftermarket which actually stands a chance of working

I’m not sure they carried in MP3 playing abilities of the CD player when USB and blue and me appeared. If you don’t have these things in the car then you can’t add them by changing the head unit as the blue and me computer is a separate module. In any case the fiat radios are terrible and don’t really work. Your son would likely be much happier with a radio that he can stream music over Bluetooth from online streaming services, something that puntos of that era were never designed to do.

So the advice I give anyone with a Punto radio query is to ditch the OEM radio and fit something aftermarket which actually stands a chance of working
Thank you for you reply, aftermarket it is then

Back