Technical Mot

Currently reading:
Technical Mot

garyaird11

Hi,

been busy the past few days stripping my rear brakes down to fit shoes,etc and new handbrake cable,found the usual sized pivot arms,and stretched shoe springs ,so waiting for them lot from fiat ,

on sat. rally cinq is coming to blead my brakes and bring me a replacement caliper for the front ,question is though,will he be able to bleed my front brakes just so they work ,even though i dont have shoes on the rears yet ?

also ill be bookng the car in for the dreaded MOT after my brakes are all done ,whats the usual that cinqs fail on? btw its an 899 sx p reg

thanks

Obviously the rear brakes, wheel bearings seem to go quite commonly, as do engine mounts, ARB/Suspension bushes, Indicator bulbs burning white, hazard switch losing power. Can't think of anything else.

Y not just put the old shoes and springs back temporarily so our hero can bleed the brakes?

As to failure points, look for corrosion (almost always on the rear arches and round the seat belt mounts), rusty brake pipes (use paint or grease) and headlamps out of adjustment due to the reflector breaking free from the main body. As well as everything else wot has been mentioned.

Better not rain this weekend as I've got new suspension bushes, a water pump and a cambelt to fit. (But if it does I have a bumper and a door to spray.......) :(

frenchwood said:
Did you succeed With this D?

Or did the weather get in the way!

;)
(y)

Actually my mother got in the way. She decided on Friday night that she was travelling from Yorkshire to see me on Saturday evening.

Gary hadn't got the parts so we decided that Wednesday would be a better day.

Cheers

D

Back