General MoT

Currently reading:
General MoT

Have to agree, and its unusual for me to comment on a cars looks, but if that Silver baby is yours that is a nicely done car.(y)

Hi mate,

If the car is equipped with PAS then it will be tested as part of the MOT, so if its not working then it should fail. HOWEVER, its more difficult to tell if a punto has PAS than with most cars, so if you get a tester who doesn't know much about puntos (and you manage to somehow stop the warning light from showing) then they may well think it just doesn't have PAS and get away with it.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Haha yea she sure is m8y...cheers (y)

hmmm yea but is there a way to hide the light...not sure there is and its an x reg yr 2000 so i might be wrong but dont all cars that age have PAS?!

Lets just hope it doesnt fail then, could always get it done asap so it passes with the steering working!

Last edited:
Hi mate,

Yea, nut the MOT tester might not know that!;)

Unfortunately you cant just take the bulb out like you would in an older style dash, as the warning lights are actually small LED's soldered into the PCB. But you could always try and obscure it accidentally with some black tape etc. along the bottom of the dash pod. No i should stop now! Am being naughty! :devil:

Alan

Back