Mot

Currently reading:
Mot

M111CYY

Formerly mickyd6666
Right, well my MOT is due on bank holiday monday so ive booked for the friday before at 9 am.
me mother has just had a right go at me and shouted sayin i should do it for a week before so that if it fails then i can get the work done.
her argument is that i wont have the car for half a week if it fails, even though i wouldnt if i got it tested earlier.
my argument is that i have to learn by doing things wrong etc seen as its my first car.

What do you guys suggest?

But seriously i would do it before cos if you do fail (hopefully you wont) then you wont be able to get it sorted cos everyone will be closed bank holiday monday unless you planning on doing the work in which case you could get everything on the saturday but if you forget to buy something you will be stuck!

Right, well my MOT is due on bank holiday monday so ive booked for the friday before at 9 am.
me mother has just had a right go at me and shouted sayin i should do it for a week before so that if it fails then i can get the work done.
her argument is that i wont have the car for half a week if it fails, even though i wouldnt if i got it tested earlier.
my argument is that i have to learn by doing things wrong etc seen as its my first car.

What do you guys suggest?

you can do it a month ahead and get it added to the 12 months.she is right and i always say i will but never due.
mines is due but the engine blew tonight so guess it doesnt matter.ah the old pre emission test days when you could tow em to MOT :(

You don't seem to be having much luck with cars!

Years ago I took my Volvo P1800 for MOT without any bumpers, bonnet, bootlid, door handles, interior trim apart from the driver's seat and 1 seatbelt and no windows apart from the windscreen. Passed with flying colours!

Don't think I'd get away with that now.

you can do it a month ahead and get it added to the 12 months.she is right and i always say i will but never due.
mines is due but the engine blew tonight so guess it doesnt matter.ah the old pre emission test days when you could tow em to MOT :(

i got told when mine had failed that i would be driving without an MoT if i drove it off site after it failed the MoT and that was before the current one had run out. something about the computerised MoT, though the MoT is still valid from the date the previous one runs out when it does pass.

seems a bit odd tbh.

i got told when mine had failed that i would be driving without an MoT if i drove it off site after it failed the MoT and that was before the current one had run out. something about the computerised MoT, though the MoT is still valid from the date the previous one runs out when it does pass.

seems a bit odd tbh.

well its an interesting area.a car fails mot so its technically not roadworthy however it would take a hard nosed court to do you for it.

When i first bought my Coupe it had 6months test left on it. I took it in for a test straight away and it failed on a coroded spring.
So i just got it fixed when i had the money and it passed the test 6 months later no problem.

I always wondered if it was legal driving it knowing it had failed a test

Back