MOT Today

Currently reading:
MOT Today

I

Ian@Work

I finally got my Marea sidelights wired up last night, after realising at 11pm last night that it wouldn't pass the MOT without sidelights!

bows down to the Bravo Guide

Not to mention the fact that I've got two new tyres, new battery and cambelt is getting done next week with another service.

With any luck I should be back on the road within the next couple weeks, hopefully staying clear of any Sky1 programs. :)

.. Wonder if it'll pass.

Meets, here I come!

Mine passed yesterday, but only after i went home and fitted new brake pads.

hehe nice one Ste.

I only just replaced my brake pads, HT leads, spark plugs, and usual servicing things.

..Then lost my license. lol.

MOT ran out beginning of May, so it's been sat on my driveway since.

Cheers Wimmy! - Feels good to be back :)

Wondered where you been, welcome back dude! ;)

Oh and good luck for the MOT

Daz

I have my fingers crossed for you mate! i am sure she will fly through! although you said the wheels were buckelled didnt you? places down my way fail people for that!

all the best mate, and welcome back (were did you go?)

Paul R

Buckeled?

No paul :)

The two main problems with my car is that it has no Cat and that it has two lower engine mounts missing (lol, yes). It's a good job the Bravo has 4 lower engine mounts otherwise it'd be spinning in my engine bay!

I've not been online Daz beacuse I've not had access to the Internet at home, and I've not got my driving license back yet, so it's pretty depressing coming on here talking to you all with licences. - I've still gotta wait for that.

I don't know if lower engine mounts are an MOT failure, but it won't fail on emissions. ;)

Just got off the phone to them - and it's a pass :)

Well at least that means that I won't have to fork out anymore ££ for stuff that I didn't know about anyways.

A happy Ian :) :)

Well done mate...sorry, i thought you said before that they are buckled!

Paul R

Glad to see you back though mate, and well done for your car passing! :)

You may not have a liscence, but at least you got a car...lol

Mines still not fixed (hopefully get it back next week :))

Daz

"Failure is not an option; it is bundled with the software" - William Gates

Paul - Nah mate. Wheelz are fine. Dunno where you heard that from! hehe

Daz - That's true. I am really missing driving now, but hey, I guess my job has kept my occupied!

Has your engine not been replaced yet? It's been a while since the cambelt went and everything else. I think I remember reading that you claimed on your insurance a while back beacuse of someone suggesting it. If you did well done mate :) at least we'll both have Bravo's back on the road soon (Hopefully this month!)

Cheers lads :)

It's nice to be back (nearly)

Hey :)

Good to have ya back - Manchester meets have been the same lol.

I thought you sold your car.. but im guessing not lol

Mr Al.

lol Al - nothing new there then m8.

Hope everything is okay with yourself.

Didn't your cambelt go too? (Sorry to rub it in) - If so what's the conclusion on what your doing? Insurance jobbie?

My car was originally for sale on e-bay and that, but just thinking about the good points of it.. nice looks, awesome mpg, pretty nippy, comfy as hell, no f00ker can see me inside.. what's the point in selling it?

I can't really think of a disadvantage besides the fact that it's a Fi..

Nope, still not fixed...lol...and yes it has been ages.

I did manage to claim on the insurance, but it was more luck than anything, i phoned them and asked them about claiming for the engine and said it wasn't covered. But i phoned back about a week later, and got chatting to this bloke, who just wondered why i was changing my insurance from a '99 Fiat to a '88 Honda, i explained why and he said i was covered...result! :)

Also it wasn't the cambelt that went, it was a problem with the oil pump, and it wasnt pushing the oil around the engine enough, the end result was having the crank re-ground. They are also changing the cambelt at the same time. Since he had to take the cambelt off when he took the engine apart, he has charged me next to nothing for doing the cambelt tentioner etc...another result! :)

So far i have had the crank re-ground, cambelt done, changed the disks & pads all round (which i already had) and the bill is still under a grand...not bad considering the cheapest quote i got for the cambelt alone was £640+vat. :)

I think all he's waiting for now is a gasket set and she should be back in my loving arms! :) :) :)

Daz

"Failure is not an option; it is bundled with the software" - William Gates

Yer cambelt F**ked on it but luckly i was only going about 3 MPh at the time. Spent 600 on it and its all good now.... :)

Goes into body shop in 2 weeks :)

Mr Al.