MOT question

Currently reading:
MOT question

HornetUK

Established member
Would my car fail on a front headlight with condensation in it? As this has appeared today in my 4 year old Punto in the drivers headlight. Anyway of working out how its happening / cureing it?

Cheers

unfortunatly matey it might fail by causing an incorrect beam pattern.Its probably a seal thats somehow got a hole in it (probably caused by the cold weather) and is letting in water which is steamming up by the heat of the head light. The only thing i can think of is to take a bulb out and try to wipe it off from the inside or its new headlight time :bang: . Best of luck

a quick fix is to leave the head lights on for a while before the test, makes it into steam! VIOLA no condesation!! (for a while anyway :D)

HornetUK said:
Would my car fail on a front headlight with condensation in it? As this has appeared today in my 4 year old Punto in the drivers headlight. Anyway of working out how its happening / cureing it?

Cheers
Join the club!! Mine does this also!! disapears after a bit!!

Gotta be better than mine, I have brighter bulbs in, one shines on the floor like a bright led ( not a spanned beam just a spot of light on the road and the other beam is about 1m above road level, doesn't shine on road at all

You could try taking the light unit out, removing the bulbs, and leaving it overnight in a warm place to evaporate the moisture. Possibly in a very low oven so long as its not warm enough to melt any of the plastic bits.

Back