General MOT passed. Happy days. So much for unreliable FIATS. ha

Currently reading:
General MOT passed. Happy days. So much for unreliable FIATS. ha

My 11 year Stilo 1.8 passes its MOT again with no advisories. Makes me smile as people go on and on about how unreliable fiats are! They talk utter B*****ks! Still loving her 11 years down the line. Top motor! :D

nice one! glad to hear it too. Its strange isn't it, how in the world of motors, some people always jump on the Fix It Again Today bandwagon. My Stilo is my first Fiat, I've always had Japanese pretty much. I have never had a new car, always old, always used. This Fiat has been the best. I haven't had the MOT luck like you, but then I've only had the car nearly two years BUT I haven't had any issues I wouldn't expect. Great car and I love it.

I haven't found anything bad in these cars yet, nothing worse than any other car. Fiats seem to me to be stylishly designed, mechanically very good and to be honest the electrics seem good to me so far - there is just lots of it. I have had more issues mechanically and electrically with my previous Mazdas, Hondas and Nissans than with this car, so yeah, im hoping for many more years with it because day in and day out it makes me smile.

I can add a third voice - except I did do some preventative maintenance first (suspension arms, steering rack, clutch, cambelt, thermostat, water pump. Plus a fix for the existing fault (replacement steering column). And a replacement for the Connect Nav+.

Since getting my Stilo back up to standard, it has performed reliably for over 10,000km with no new problems and I get the feeling it's a good one.

The thing is, the three of us have good Stilos... but unfortunately, there are a number of bad Stilos out there. Those Stilos never worked properly from day 1. I've worked on three of them and it seems to be one crisis after another, with always a final new niggle at the end of any major job. E.g. the engine wasn't running, now it is, but there's 'Brke Lamp Fail' on the instrument panel.

So I guess the moral is - get a good Stilo, and it will be good to you...

-Alex

The other moral is get a good one and stick with it. LOL. Still think its down to being maintained right and expecting wear and tear is a normal thing of motoring. A lot of people think cars just keep turning. I always try to keep on top of mine.(y) I have owned her since new and no the car inside out. On the odd ocasion I have thought about swapping her but to be honest I havent taken fancy to anything else out there that could do a much better job than my stilo at the minute. And when you only get offered around £300 in part exchange against things you generally just walk away giggling. It must be the best £300 motor on the road in my opinion. And I doubt spending 10k plus on a motor with simular spec to my stilo will make me feel or get me there any better in the long run. But really it still looks ace and I aren't ashamed to park it anywhere:D

Back