General MOT...failed

Currently reading:
General MOT...failed

shepz

failed today on

rear wheel bearing
both headlight beams off
and exhaust needing weilded

very quickly getting fed up of the chinq.might go for a long drive off a short cliff soon

i a know its just p****d me off severly that its for little schoolboy things,and now i have to pay for another retest.and tax at the end of this month....:cry:

aye a suppose its quite decent actually...just abit gutted that iv to pay another 44 quid for things i should have spotted.uncles got a spare rear hub sittin in his garage and he can mig weild,so mot repairs shall come to begger all.

Im dreading mine in a couple of weeks (though should pass as i will have done all the work), but if i took it as it stands i would expect mine to fail on:
- Steering rack
- Ball joint
- Handbrake (despite using all new parts apart from cable :bang: )
- Windscreen
- Think exhaust is blowing a little
- Brakes probably need bleeding a little again as not as solid as before

Also recently replaced rear suspension mounts, brake discs n pads, rear hubs, tyres....

Hardly a bad fail sheet at all ;) (y)

Why don't people go out and find good independent garages? Pick the right ones and they'll do things such as free re-test if failed as long as they get the car back inside a week.

StoneNewt said:
Why don't people go out and find good independent garages? Pick the right ones and they'll do things such as free re-test if failed as long as they get the car back inside a week.

Like the friendly guy over the road from my work (y) failed on thursday, just said bring it back monday, i'll do it free - didn't even have to ask!!

compared to the 7 yr clio i recently got rid off for a sei thats nothing. mine came up to £350 bill!

fingers99 said:
My Sei failed the last but 1 on a tyre (my fault, and only the second time I've had a fail on anything, and that was a shed) and passed the last with an advisory on the front o/s strut misting.

Generally, if you put in the work you pass, if you just hope, you fail. Such is life.

erm...trust me mate i put work into this,your comparing your sei to my chinq...which there's probably at least a 3-5 years in age difference,if not more

StoneNewt said:

Not for much longer. The computerisation of MOTs means that you will not be able to get a fast pass

cheers

D

Back