General MOT = Failed - Failed - Failed.

Currently reading:
General MOT = Failed - Failed - Failed.

Reasons for certificate refusal:

1) Nearside headlamp not working on dipped beam

2) Nearside headlamp not working on main beam

3) Offside front (subframe) suspension component mounting - prescribed area is inadequately repaired **DANGEROUS**

4) Offside rear (front bush) sub-frame rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement

5) Offside rear road wheel distored

6) Offside front shock absorber has a serious fluid leak.

Advisory Notes:

7) Rear all direction indicators slightly discoloured.

8) Nearside rear (front bush) subframe rubber bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement.

9) Rear (all) brake pipes slightly corroded.

10) Nearside front shock absorber has a light misting of oil.

11) Nearside front brake hose slightly deteriorated.

12) Offside front brake hose slightly deteriorated.

13) Surface corrosion on underside of car.

14) Surface cut in offside rear tyre wall.

Oh dear:bang:

Meh it's a 15" Fox Racing alloy wheel, was on the car when we bought it. Can't find the wheel for love nor money on the net either.
b4f5dab1b4.jpg

What I think happened with the headlight is that the connector wasn't on properly, which caused it to spark and get extremely hot which pretty much melted the connector away and the **** which has been left on the contacts means the bulb doesnt work properly. If you tweak the wire it'll work. Just obviously didnt work for the m.o.t bloke.

Have a set of Bilstein OE spec shocks sitting in the hall ready to be installed anyway.

Will there be some sort of product number engraved on my alloys or something? Don't know too much about this sorta stuff. I dont want to have to shell out for a replacement of the entire set of wheels.

Help appreciated:)

Last edited:
7 Spoke alloy wanted

For 2000 (W) Brava SX80 - despite dealer saying the SX80 never had alloys, mine did, but one has hairline fracture so looses air - if I use a liquid puncture seal does anybody know if the crack is liable to progress and become dangerous?
Therefore I wants a 6J x 15in 7 spoke Fiat wheel, the spokes have a shape like rowing oar blades, anybody got one in the back of the garage?
Cheers, Pip..

Back