Technical more power

Currently reading:
Technical more power

broken_brian

Mad dictator
I have a 1.2 stilo 3door and i would like more power as the 80 brake that it has is not enough. (previous car 2.0 ts alfa 155 with 150 bhp)

What would be the best way for getting more poke as i have thought about using a turbo or supercharging, and how much power will the engine and box reliably take.

Blimey, that is a big drop from 2.0 to 1.2, why did you wanna do that one then. I keep think mine doesnt perform as fast as it should, wouldnt mind some extra BHP.

Induction and remap will give you a big boost to start with guys but dont expect to hack on any old filter and corugated pipe it doesnt work that way I'm afaid :) a decent exaust and sports cat would give you further bhp as well and if you take it that far then do the mapping last as the mapping will cover the other modifications also (y)

Blimey, that is a big drop from 2.0 to 1.2, why did you wanna do that one then. I keep think mine doesnt perform as fast as it should, wouldnt mind some extra BHP.

it failed its mot and i had spent too much money on it already and the stilo fitted the newest and cheap price bracket that i was looking for i just wish that i got a bigger engined one

Try asking for the opinion of "Pantelis" @ the Greek StiloClub. www.stiloclub.gr There is an International Section. He has turboed his 1.2 to 150BHP...

And he's got a little knob on his gear lever which he can twiddle with to give him what power he needs :D and he's the guy to talk to if you want the turbo done :worship: :worship: :worship:

Would a 1.4 or 1.6 engine drop in alright? Probably cheaper than charging too

He will need ~5.000€ to get a 1.8lt with 133PS (sell 8.000€ the 1.2 -quite optimistic - and buy an 1.8lt for 13.000€ - again quite optmistic) while he could turbo the 1.2 and have 150PS with 4.000€. As about changing just the engine to 1.4lt or 1.6lt, I think it just don't worth the bother! Would you pay ~3.000€ for 10-15PS more???...

Also, in Greece you pay taxes for your car according to its engine's displacement. You pay the half if you have a 1.2lt with 150PS instead of a 1.8lt with 125PS (eg. Astra)!!! We are a bit nuts here.... :S

Back