More formal hello and... door handles??

Currently reading:
More formal hello and... door handles??

L

Lora

Hi,
This is just a sort of more formal hello to the BOO bunch, I have recently joined BOO after finally deciding to fix up my Bravo properly... Hello.

I hope to get to know some/all of you, as talking about cars is all I seem to do these days, especially my Brav!

Thanks to those who gave me advice about the Stilo Abarth wheels, I didn't get them in the end, I got some aftermarket BK Racing ones and they look really nice!

My little Brav is a work in progress still, but hopefully I can post some pictures sometime soon of how it looks now... don't think I have any of the battered version!

Just a stupid question really, but the rubber on my door handles is disintergrating and I want to replace them... does anyone know anywhere I can get them reasonably priced yet reasonably nice?

Thanks, sorry for waffling!

Lora

Best to put Marea ones on as they are plastic so wont perish. From your local scrappy should be less than £30 a pair and just paint them the right colour: -
DSCN0746.JPG

and now, welcome to BOO. have a good look round the guides and you will find answers to many of the questions you have. Also, check out the club pages and think about signing up as a member for loads of extra benefits.
Lastly, have a look at the events page for info on chances to meet up with us too. :)

ozric.jpg

"Doctor said to give up Keee-Babs. I said 'No, no-no'"
cheers.gif

My Members Page

mwaha one step ahead, I joined BOO earlier this week, and the guides have been SO helpful! :)

Only disappointment is that a lot of the events are a little too up north for me to get to within reasonable time... I live a lot more near the Brooklands and Ace Cafe region unfortunately. Could be a nice little road trip but not as much by myself :(

Welcome :)

Don't forget, Stanford Hall is not too far north :) Join a convoy and you won't be alone :)

Rob
Mk.2 Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX - Bigger IS better ! ;)

Oooops! Should have noticed your member status.
doh.gif

Whereabouts are you then Lora? Missed Brooklands for this year unfortunately but there's lots throughout the year, even a Karting and camping meet to break up the driving.
slayer.gif

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page

I'm in high wycombe so I'm a lot more familiar with the fiat motor club as the founders are based near wycombe... So I'm hoping to go further afield so I can keep my enthusiasm on a high!
They had their 60 year anniversary today at ace cafe, and there was only 12 cars there, it was a bit depressing, and rainy and cold :( Was hoping at least one other bravo would turn up :( but to no avail. Oh well.

Brooklands was good for me, it gave me loads of ideas, as I'm proper intent on doing stuff myself and not letting a garage do it, as I've found recently that when going to a garage they are sometimes patronising cause I'm a woman, so I'm reading up on my stuff to knock 'em dead! Lol.

Hi and welcome - i have a pair of marea handles for sales, currently gold but as stated you'd have to spray them the colour you want...

only problem is they are the rearhandles so you'd have to be lloking to de-lock your car as in the picture above..

A18NHH

Thank you but I will probably try and find some black front ones, probably will be more expensive, but I don't have as much time at the moment!

Thank you anyway!

Ahh, did you come over for a look at the BOO stand at Brooklands then?
Oh and High Wycombe - Stanford Hall - 82 miles, 1 hr 35 mins. A mere fun drive. ;)

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page

I did indeed come to the BOO stand, I was the weird red head by myself perving at the cars for about two hours and not talking to anyone if anyone noticed...I hope not. lol. I was getting ideas!

Good on ya gal :)

I left FMCGB some while ago, mainly because it was an unecessary expense at the time, made even more so when I had a period of only owner the Sei Sporting and my main car being a Mondeo.

Is Jo Widdrington still there ? She's a lovely lady and a great ambassador for the club and the marque :)

So, High Wycombe, eh ? Used to go there a bit when I worked at Zurich Financial. We had a large office up there. It's only about 90 miles to Stanford Hall from there. Nip over to the M1 and then up to J19 and you're pretty much there. Or you could go up the M40 and then across.

Check out the Stanford Hall convoy pages and sign up to a convoy :)

Rob
Mk.2 Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX - Bigger IS better ! ;)

Yeah Jo's still part of it, she's really nice and is another WOMAN who knows her stuff! Lol. I would quite like to come, but I need a) to get the day off work and b) I've been having a look at the convoys but I'm not sure which one to join :S

I hear there is a competition this year or something, that made me chuckle :)

hi... and... it's only 75.2 miles – about 1 hour 39 mins if you dart round the M40 to the M1... rembering to come off at the A14/M6 junction or you'll end up in Leichester!! and you don't wanna do that!!! :)

Stanny hall is a great venue to get to know people.... just bring a chair, some grub and a drink or 2 and relax and chat under the gazeboo.

Also spare a thought for the poor soles who manage only 12mpg!!! and have to wear factor 50+ sun-cream is the sun even looks like it might shine!!

oh and hi again :)

style5,TommyK.png

signeon-1.jpg

Come Join the 5 pot club! Almost standard Mk1 HGT 73k - MOT PASSED!

Door Handles

Hi Lora,

Have you considered the chrome handles from an Alfa 147 ? I think 146's fit too.

Andy80sxtra

welcome,

did you post about a week ago also? anyway even if you get some marea handles in black they will probally need respraying anyway so i would probally go for any you can get, do you have CL?

oh and welcome agian

bravo8.jpg

Marea, why settle for less?

lets have a pictur of you then :)

just saying what everyone is thinking :)

ashtag2.jpg

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will Cost You MONEY!!

Ash, your almost married mate, behave! or ill tell the missus!

Hi and welcome. as said you have 3 options, get new original brav handles with the rubber coating from fiat, get the front handles from a marea and get them painted up (fronts have the hole for the key to unlock it, rears are blanked off as per Oz's pic so you need central locking, and not of the problematic kind), or you can go for alfa 147 handles, whch are netal and silver :)

my alfa handles will probably be for sale soon as no 1 they dont go woth the new wheels and no 2 i need a new car in about 6 months time anyways...

Andy_sx

Hurrah! Another female member! :)

And a relatively local one when Im back home seeing relatives

humpingxt5.gif

Okay, right.

1. I have holey locks not bleepy locks (as I call them :S bit of the woman in me coming through there) so the handles are going to be a bit difficult there. I'm probably leaning towards getting some standard Brav handles from Fiat, simplest way.

2. It turns out I can't have the day off for Stanford now, which I'm gutted about, it has been concluded that if my boss can't go, I can't go, and he's working, so it's a no go for me :( so unfortunately I will have to meet people at the next one.....

I can't remember what anyone else said now....

hello again.

Oh and Kate, hello. Where am I local to you... if that makes sense? Do you have the baby blue Bravo or is that another woman in the clan lol