More computer problems

Currently reading:
More computer problems

black_cinq

Away with the fairies
Okay just tried downloading adobe reader thing and it wouldnt let me the download box came up but the thing didnt start downloading. thought it might be their site and noticed i needed to install windows updates, it wont let me do that eithr :(

I'm meant to have super BB but if it doesnt let me download anything whats the point :mad:

black_cinq said:
Yes that worked :D:D:D

how did that work? Im confused :confused:

Why am i such a retard :(

You're not, I am just a genius ;) lol

Maybe the adobe link you used was playing up, i got that from elsewhere :)

Okay sorry genious. i'll remember who to ask whenever i need to know anything from now on :p

Elsewhere hey ;) Nothing dodgy i hope :D

I have a fully legal copy of Acrobat although I didn't buy it, it has a code and everything, think Dad got it for free supposedly used for his school.....

Good girl Lora! lol ;)

JonnyBoy said:
Illegal? What a shame... when the computer police come knocking at my door, I'll write to you all from my prison cell! :rolleyes:
I'll look forward to your letter :)

Acrobat is legal for everyone to have.

well the reader is anyhow and comes free with practically everything (computer software related before silly ppl start).

And i will look forward to your letter too. :)

We are refering to Adobe Acrobat writer which is the posh expensive version, not sure how much it is worth but a fair bit like most adobe programs!

It's a great bit of kit I use often....much better for net use than .doc/.pub IMO

Paul i know this is going slightly off topic but it is my thread so im kinda allowed to i think? And its to do with you being a genious so it kinda ties in but...

You know from going on a sun bed can u peel and blister and stuff like if you went in the sun?

Wondered that for quite a while :p

I need to get out more...

Yes, so don't! lol

Basically as I understand it they simply use UV light tubes to simulate the tanning (and burning) affects of the sun more intensively than normally and more under your control. UV light has more energy than the visible spectrum of light which doesn't have enough energy I expect to burn you where as UV does due to a higher frequency....anyway, won't go too deeply into it. The answer is yes and probably a lot worse because it is so intensive.

I would never recommend the use of one because you don't get the enjoyment of being outside sunbathing with a book or whatever but you do get the possible long term affects of skin cancer and such.

In summary, the only safe way to get a tan is through using a tanning lotion/spray etc. Remember all tanning is only visible skin damage (the dead cells cause the darkening) and also you need some for your dose of Vit A (i think?) you don't want too much :) (This comes from the guy who has a brown right arm from driving but a white pale body and left arm ;) lol)

Here ends the governments advice on sun tanning.

I need to get out more and then I wouldn't be so pale lol

Edit: The genius comment was only a joke, I am not really one sadly :( lol

I only use one before i go on holiday so i dont burn cus im really pale and burn at the sight of sun lol :p

I burnt at york dragway and it was raining all day, how did i manage that :(

i think your a genius ;) Your helpful anyway cus if u dont know something u'll look it up :D

It's a good point actually, if you use one before you go away if you're fairly pale the dead cells are made which actually product a poor (but better than nothing barrier) and when you face the more intense sun, you face less damage supposedly. I.e. a few mins on a sun bed tanning will mean you're less likely to actually burn red when you go away. I've never actually burnt nor considered way to prevent it - I am always the pale one with lots of sunscreen on lol

Rain doesn't stop burning, nor do basic clouds, wind is the worst, you think it's cool but you can burn like mad. Water has a small affect but you still want sunscreen on when swimming because I think I learnt you had to be at least 5m down to make it any use....

I like to look things up if i am interested in it because I learn stuff then which is good, learning is always a good thing. All the above however is basic chemistry funnily enough with a tad of physics :)

Anyway, I am off to bed now, work AM :( I am half hoping the whole area is still cordoned off so when I try to get there the road is closed and it requires the 45 min detour down the M1 I had to do on friday ;)

"Why are you late?"
"The job's ****, please sack me"

I bet they wouldn't, just for another week of hell lol

Yeah i find i dont burn if i use the sunbed for a bit so i am doing things right :p

Well i hope you try out some of the 'how to get sacked' pointers ;)

Night :)

This supervisor got in my way and said sorry, I said "yeah" and did the look up and down lol, that's all I did, plus 6 layers of shrink wrap on one pallet. I nearly lost it with Bevis today who came up to me and said

"what ya doing? that's a 29, supposed to be on 19D, this is 11C"
"I am not leaving it here, I am simply wrapping it here because it's the only place where there's space..."
"Well move it"
"And where am I supposed to shrink wrap it?"
"Not my problem"

So I made it his problem and kept doing my job! 3.5 days to go, will I be sacked wednesday? Who knows....

On another front loads of new agency staff came today and I felt like a boss telling them all what to do as none had a clue ;)

pghstochaj said:
On another front loads of new agency staff came today and I felt like a boss telling them all what to do as none had a clue ;)
I suppose it brings back memories of your first day there, not having a clue ;)

Powers corrupts, btw ;)

Back