Technical Moisture coming in when car is warm.

Currently reading:
Technical Moisture coming in when car is warm.

tfphoenix

mmmmmm.
Hey guys. So when my car warms up I get a fine mist of coolant coming into the car right in the center of the windshield... I'm not sure if its from the radiator or heater core or what but can anyone tell me how to get under there? would it be through the dash or under the hood? If you need more info or pics/video let me know. Thanks :)

it'll be a very fine leak on your heater matrix. Try putting some radweld in the header tank to see if that helps, stopped mine leaking from the steel pipes underneath the floorpan :)

I've heard that stuff can do more damage than good... plugging ports on the engine as well as water pump etc. I'd like to take it apart and replace whatever it is if I can.

That would be either the heater core or the valve. The heater box is behind the center console, the lower part of the assembly is held together with spring clips much like used on the distributor. You should be able to see the valve which is actually bolted right to the heater core.

Actually, I forgot to ask if you have an AC car or not. With AC the whole thing gets uglier of course.

Last edited:
Yes unfortunately it does have ac. It will never be used cause this is my fair weather car.

I was reading in bludvl's thread that the heater is easily bypassed which is perfect for me as I won't be using it and it will solve my problem but my question is will there be any extra steps I should take because I have an A/C car and they operate together (i think). (Note: I won't be using the A/C either)

Back