modified car politics

Currently reading:
modified car politics

*sigh*

im so entangled in this dilema so im looking for some advice

i feel as if im just looking way to far into this,

the problem.

car clubs tend not too like each other
theres a few clubs up here who click together.

if you choose a group theres a feeling that youve picked a side

with the new cinq i dont know if i should just show from now on as an individual, as alot of the cars do who have came from the guys who done mine

or am i just paranoid!!

its like being back at school , if your associated with a certain group then you always have to be with them.

i never go to cruises anymore any way but have made some good friends from the cruise scene and various motor retailers.

surely cars should be for enjoying them without the stress of which to choose.
this isnt aimed at ff or cc btw im just asking in here coz u's have a tendancy to have good advice.

i loved showing the old cinq, first stand it was on was the autotrader stand so never had the problem of who to choose,
should i stick with trade stands for the new one?
theres a couple of companies want the new cinq on show, or should i show as an individual? or should i show on a club?????????

argh!!

thanks peeps
xxx

We are humans, by nature we are tribal. If I were in your position I'd break the mold, appear for differnt clubs! Then if people start bitching or causing problems, you know they weren't really good friends and can be forgotten about. Or just do trade stands and try and get as many freebees as poss ;)

Why not just stick with Fiat forum and our meets :idea: who needs the hassle :)

at the end of the day alaina, your not goin to be able to please everyone. no matter wat decision you come to, someones nose will be out of joint and people wont be 100% happy.

but its your car, and you should be able to go onto which ever stand you want.
IMO you have to think about which stand will get the cinq more noticed, which club you feel you fit in with most, where would it get the most attention and be seen by the most people.

car shows are all about gettin seen, so even if it pisses some people off, i think you need to get in on the most prestigious / popular / influential stand you can.

and good luck with it (y)

why not go to both meets? if one side kicks off go to the other its only a club, not marriage!

Was this the dilemma you mentioned to me the other day? I feel your pain - I split myself down the middle both for organising and showing duties between CWC and FF and have had to let one or the other down for some events. But they're not 'competing' as such, the difficulty would come if I were a member of two local car clubs, like the current ongoing battle between CWC and AS - however well you get on with the individual people or want to split your time fairly, you just can't :(

I would go with the group of people you have most fun with because that's such a big part of a show! Sitting around, catching up, having a laugh etc :D

Have you decided who to show with at F&M? Looking forward to seeing your car IRL! If you get totally stuck, can always see if there's space with CWC ;)

OR... You could just with your mates who also have modified cars and effectively make your own exclusive modified car club :p

I know that when me and my friends have all finished our cars from different manufacturers we'll be cruising to events together and displaying together :)

Trancendental said:
OR... You could just with your mates who also have modified cars and effectively make your own exclusive modified car club :p

I know that when me and my friends have all finished our cars from different manufacturers we'll be cruising to events together and displaying together :)

You still get involved in politics as you are then a rival group to the others :p

Helz said:
Was this the dilemma you mentioned to me the other day? I feel your pain - I split myself down the middle both for organising and showing duties between CWC and FF and have had to let one or the other down for some events. But they're not 'competing' as such, the difficulty would come if I were a member of two local car clubs, like the current ongoing battle between CWC and AS - however well you get on with the individual people or want to split your time fairly, you just can't :(

I would go with the group of people you have most fun with because that's such a big part of a show! Sitting around, catching up, having a laugh etc :D

Have you decided who to show with at F&M? Looking forward to seeing your car IRL! If you get totally stuck, can always see if there's space with CWC ;)
but cwc don't speak English http://www.cruisewestcumbria.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=15281 :confused:

is AS attention seekers?

Back