Modified car owners

Currently reading:
Modified car owners

Having had a pretty fruitless morning trying to get insurance cover, I thought I'd start a thread for companies for modified owners to steer clear of and those that might be nice to them. This is purely based on modifications - not age, location, mileage etc. as I'd doen standard quotes to get a baseline :)

CIS refused to cover any modifications.
Liverpool Victoria would but it ramped the cost up.
Diamond and Adrian Flux would and it wasn't too bad.

Plenty of other places I didn't even bother with!

Helz am i correct in saying you only have body modifications?

Quinn-Direct might be for you, they wont insure the mods but they also wont charge you either.

give them a ring and enquire - 0845 850 0845

wont insure mods? were fine with the turbo cinq as long as it had an engineers report.
i confirmed this as being a spec report by a vat registered garage

Helz am i correct in saying you only have body modifications?

Quinn-Direct might be for you, they wont insure the mods but they also wont charge you either.

give them a ring and enquire - 0845 850 0845

This isn't about me, I have insurance :D This is in general for people to stop them having to spend time giving details to companies who then turn round and say 'sorry we don't insure modifications'.

Noel Dazely didn't even bother replying to the details i entered in the website.

Even though HIC and Adrian Flux are partners now, Flux still undercut HIC, who subsequently undercut Flux (y) Both also know what their on about, which is a welcome change from the others I rung.

Swinton = useless, terrible line quality and someone with an accent I couldn't understand on the other end. She also didn't have a clue what clear front indicators were... However don't judge the book by its cover, maybe you'll get someone more suited for the job when you try.

Erm, Performance Direct not too bad, friendly, but couldn't beat my HIC quote. If they ask to transfer you to one of their sister companies that might get a better deal, don't bother; see Swinton ^.

Noel Dazely didn't even bother replying to the details i entered in the website.

Ever heard of those new fangled things called telephones...they have always been very helpful (spoke to Dean there the other day in fact)

Quinn do do modifications now!

You get given drop down boxes to choose what youve got when you do it online. I think your only allowed a certain number tho, but it can be as wide as something as an engine swap!

Ever heard of those new fangled things called telephones...they have always been very helpful (spoke to Dean there the other day in fact)

Way I see it is if they wanted the business they would contact me. After all, it told me I would get a phone call once I had filled my details in. They wouldn't have such a facility if it wasn't used, that would be a lot of business lost otherwise.

Erm... it was just a suggestion :rolleyes:

I would make the effort to call if I thought I could save money... Which I have done for the last 2 years with ND ;)

Last edited:
Back