Modified Car Insurance

Currently reading:
Modified Car Insurance

Admiral, Bell, Elephant, Adrian Flux, Greenlight. Cant think of anymore. TBH I found unless you have a heavily modded car, no one does sensible insurance for under 25's. On my clio, best quote i could get modded (custom exhaust) was 800, standard was 500!

best place i found was http://www.bell.co.uk

they quoted me 500 less than the next cheapest insurer and i searched for ages still charged me 1100 for standard sei sx 1108 an thats only third party fire and theft trust me every1 says they like younger drivers on the tv ads but thats only coz you pay triple wot any1 else pays :bang:

allanhelen said:
I have both my modded cars insured with HIC they were much cheaper than anyone else for me, but there again I'm old :D

i have a heavily moddified seicento, a driving conviction and and accident + one years no claims and im 20 i got £1200 fully comp with HIC they use Chaucer as their underwriter(y)

Rite, please forget that last post, i have worked it out now,

My next question is though does your car have to be modified to go through them or not, im looking at modifying it though in the next couple of months!

It Doesn't, They Do Seperate Policies For Standard And Modded Cars, Not Sure If You Can Change Mid Way Through The Year Though, Give Em A Call.
Neil

Thread follow up.

Adrian Flux -

£275 TPFT for a N reg Cinq Sporting with lowered suspension.

+£25 for a performance camshaft & Air filter (10% BHP increase)

They even took my motorcycle NCB's.

:slayer:

Churchill renewal was £366 without any mods.

just got a quote with that hic, talk about amazin!!! ive not done anything with my car at the minute its standard and i pay £1200 with NIG,starting work on my car now and was interested in insurance price rise but hic quote was £1097 including bodykit, alloys and 4bhp gain backbox! cheaper for me to have the car modified!

Back