modded cinq engine?

Currently reading:
modded cinq engine?

Difficult as a used buy unless you take the sump and head off to prove the work.
ECU isn't much use unless comes with code box and keys, or it's a pre-immobiliser one or has had the immobiliser bypassed.

LanciaMad said:
(n) K+N had been fitted.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

What's wrong with my K&N? :(

:p

Uno_K_N.JPG

arc said:
heatsoak, get urself a big phat cold air feed on that!! like my old one:

:D

Pah! Cold air feed is for WIMPS! :p ;)

Seriously, I run my K&N in the summer without any problems. Don't forget as well, that unless the cold air feed works on a ram air effect it doesn't make a lot of difference. The air filter needs to be enclosed/ sealed with the cold air pipe to be able to draw in cold air by suction, whereas to ram air in the end of the feed part must be placed in a frontal area of the car (in the line of air flow) to have air forced in.

But that also means that if air can get rammed in from the front, EVERYTHING else gets rammed in! Insects, leaves, grit, dirt, dust, hedgehogs etc. etc. making for one clogged up filter and a dirty engine bay :(

Luckily the Uno has a big engine bay and plenty of air circulation, so being a lazy sod I'll leave it as it is and keep the K&N for added summer 'Bling' (nice induction noise (y) ) and because there is a little bit of a 70's tart in me :p

P.S. It's running the standard airbox during the winter else the carb ices up quicker than you can say "damn it's cold today" :D

Last edited:
Back