Mobile Phones - Contract - under £25 a month?

Currently reading:
Mobile Phones - Contract - under £25 a month?

Just abit of advice. Whats the best contract around for text messages (as i never ring anyone) and under £25 a month.

So far i've found a pretty snazy contract on O2 (my prefered network) and includes the Sony W800i for free (which has a 2 mega pixel camera and 512mb memory). You get 500 text messages and 100 anytime any network minutes plus 1.0mb WAP. Info: http://shop.o2.co.uk/shop/o2uk/jsp/...prodID=consumer:Q3:05:O2:online:100:basic:mms

Anyone have any other recommendations or advice

Thank you in anticipation,
Matt

When I upgrade my phone, I think I will move from my current o2 400 tariff [with 20% discount] to the o2 3G online tariff - £35, but you get 750 mins, 750 texts, and 1Mb of data transfer allowance....

I will move once O2 launch the phone - n80 looks great, but such a long wait - n90 looks a possibility, although it is huge apparently.

Or do I go for their o2 Exec PDA, but you can't get the 3G tariff on it, grrrr. Plus it costs a bit too much for starters.

Stuart DemonD said:
Or do I go for their o2 Exec PDA, but you can't get the 3G tariff on it, grrrr. Plus it costs a bit too much for starters.

Good question, I've been thinking the same, but two things are playing on my mind:

1) Its huge when you think of it as a phone

2) Without a handsfree set, its no better than a phone with built in PIM software, because you'd have to take it away from your ear to, for example, check your diary, or look up a friends number etc...

It is a rather nice PDA though. Personally I quite like the look of the Qtek 8310 (I-Mate I think O2 call it) but that suffers from the #2 as well. Still haven't sorted a new mobile out yet :bang:

The Negotiator said:
What about 3000 txts per month (no free minutes as specified) inc. the W800i for £20 a month?

www.orange.co.uk
With that one you have to pay £49.99 for the handset too.

Attachments

• w800i.JPG
    w800i.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 22
You don't

www.orange.co.uk
"phones and devices"
"pay monthly phones"
Chose phone
buy
"Direct plans"
3000 txts

**** you're right, they say it's free then change it later and in tiny writing! Well, that means it costs you approx £25/month, so depends on whether you want minutes when it comes down to it.

The Negotiator said:
You don't

www.orange.co.uk
"phones and devices"
"pay monthly phones"
Chose phone
buy
"Direct plans"
3000 txts

**** you're right, they say it's free then change it later and in tiny writing! Well, that means it costs you approx £25/month, so depends on whether you want minutes when it comes down to it.
£24.17 a month with the phone divided over the 12 months and contract inclusive.

Seems a good idea; but i don't think i'd use 3000 texts. Only just use the current 300 on PAYG.

fiatpuntosx said:
£24.17 a month with the phone divided over the 12 months and contract inclusive.

Seems a good idea; but i don't think i'd use 3000 texts. Only just use the current 300 on PAYG.

Go with the minutes then, wouldn't get 3000 if all you need is 300, you can get minutes free instead.

One of them o2 free sims has 300 free texts on and thats free :confused: Whats wrong with that?

I'm on a student contract with orange with 1000 texts and 120 mins for £25 :) Also got an old o2 contract with free texts and yes i still use them all :eek:

I would have posted up those student deals but they want either a UCAS number (erm, 2/3+ years ago when I had one of those) or a NUS number, which i don't have.

thefishdude said:
if you going orange may be worth going in stroe they do cash trade ins. £50 providing the phone is fully working. i recently got a m500 smart phone running pocket windows. traded in an old samsung t100 for £50 :D

Did you get the £50 taken off your first bill?

I took a phone in but the money didnt come off my first bill. When does it come off?

Back