Mobile Phone Contract

Currently reading:
Mobile Phone Contract

Get a contract!

...and haggle. I'm on an orange dolphin contract and I get unlimited txts and 700 anytime, cross network minutes all for £14.65 a month
thats 65p a month more than i'm paying now and the only benefit is the broadband, which i wouldnt use (actually i already get 1MB per month free BB with PAYG but i dont use it)

if they did a contract that was as good a deal as PAYG i'd probably take it.

Last edited:
thats 65p a month more than i'm paying now and the only benefit is the broadband, which i wouldnt use (actually i already get 1MB per month free BB with PAYG but i dont use it)

if they did a contract that was as good a deal as PAYG i'd probably take it.

You only get free evening a weekend calls to orange numbers, have to remember to top up each month, have a limited number of txt, pay silly money every year to upgrade and have to hope to sell your old phone when you upgrade.

Last edited:
You only get free evening a weekend calls to orange numbers, have to remember to top up each month, have a limited number of txt, pay silly money every year to upgrade and have to hope to sell your old phone when you upgrade.

i dont call during the day. i'm at work so i use my work phone instead.

topping up is as easy as paying a monthly bill (even if you pay by direct debit- i can do the same).

300 texts is already many more than i could ever use, so giving me even more wont help. seriusly who sends more than 10 texts a day?! i struggle to send 2 a day. if i top up by £30 they give me 1000 texts so i can get more if i need, and its still 100% free coz the top up i put on lasts until i use it.

even with my upgrade costs included i'm still 65p per month better off than you, as previously shown.

as you can see; the only way a contract would help me is if i used my phone during the day so much that it used my £10 credit before the end of the month. i'm at work and so is everyone else so who am i supposed to call :confused:

Last edited:
i dont call during the day. i'm at work so i use my work phone instead.

topping up is as easy as paying a monthly bill (even if you pay by direct debit- i can do the same).

300 texts is already many more than i could ever use, so giving me even more wont help. seriusly who sends more than 10 texts a day?! i struggle to send 2 a day. if i top up by £30 they give me 1000 texts so i can get more if i need, and its still 100% free coz the top up i put on lasts until i use it.

even with my upgrade costs included i'm still 65p per month better off than you, as previously shown.

as you can see; the only way a contract would help me is if i used my phone during the day so much that it used my £10 credit before the end of the month. i'm at work and so is everyone else so who am i supposed to call :confused:

Nah! You're wrong and I'm right :cool:

:ROFLMAO: ...my phone is used for work to so PAYG would be of no use to me. Plus my monthly bill is put in as expenses, so in fact my contract is £14.65 cheaper than yours each month!

then they would have less money.

if you dont like 18 month contracts dont agree to one.

exactly,im only on an 18 month contract this time round as it suited me and i knew i wouldnt be in a hurry to upgrade
last time i just haggled until i got the deal i wanted on a 12 month contract.
which i happened to upgrade in month 10 ;)
i also got £120 quidco cashback

Last edited:
exactly,im only on an 18 month contract this time round as it suited me and i knew i wouldnt be in a hurry to upgrade
last time i just haggled until i got the deal i wanted on a 12 month contract. which i happened to upgrade in month 10 ;)

Ah yes but that means this time you're on actually on a 20month contract as they'll add months 11 + 12 onto the new contract!

Nah! You're wrong and I'm right :cool:

:ROFLMAO: ...my phone is used for work to so PAYG would be of no use to me. Plus my monthly bill is put in as expenses, so in fact my contract is £14.65 cheaper than yours each month!

if my company were willing to pay for a mobile i would also have a contract, and no house phone.

its weird because i'm meant to cover 5 uk sites yet they dont think a permanent company car or a company mobile is needed. wtf? :confused:

btw for my contract I use www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk

You get contracts with gifts with them like PS3s or laptops. Last year I took out my contract and got an xbox 360. Also useful as you can ebay the free gift and use the cash to buy yourself out of your previous contract.

you pay for the console more than twice during the period of the contract.

im on orange dolphin 35 aswell.

i pay £20.
i got an lg viewty free, and a free ipod nano
i get 600mins and unlimited txts, also get unlimited free internet on my phone including download, and home broadband.

i sold the viewty they gave me for £340 last xmas. and stuck the sim card in my unlocked iphone. job done :D

doggs...how is ur contract the same as mine but under £15?

Back