Technical Mk2b Sporting, 843a1000 engine wiring loom!

Currently reading:
Technical Mk2b Sporting, 843a1000 engine wiring loom!

nickpunto

Hello, i have some troubles with my engine wiring loom. There are 2 broken pins at the ECU plug so there are some errors coming up at the ECU and the car works only at limp mode. I was looking for a used replacement but i can find just nothing here in Greece. I was wondering if a wiring loom from an other 16v 1.4 engine like 199A6000 or 199B2000 could fit. Does anybody know?

Firstly i suppose you mean the receiving connectors are broken on the plug? The pins sticking out are on the ECU? Potentially the plug with the wires is repairable. Auto tech could advise.

Secondly yours is a 188 engine I think you are going to find the 188 16v 1.2 has the same aluminium casting number on the top of the engine and is more likely to have a similar wiring

Firstly i suppose you mean the receiving connectors are broken on the plug? The pins sticking out are on the ECU? Potentially the plug with the wires is repairable. Auto tech could advise.

Secondly yours is a 188 engine I think you are going to find the 188 16v 1.2 has the same aluminium casting number on the top of the engine and is more likely to have a similar wiring

Exactly, the metal receiving connectors inside the plug. Nobody can imagine how this happened. I am looking for some seperate new pins or just an old cut plug to cut and splice my wires but nobody here holds broken/cut wiring looms. Maybe i can try to visit auto recycle spots to find something but there is something basic missing from my daily program... the time to do that! Also an other big problem is that the car must leave from the workshop as soon as possible!

From 1.2 16V, many plugs are the same except the crankshaft position sensor and the coils! I have 4 seperate and it has 1 or 2 with spark plug cables!

Exactly, the metal receiving connectors inside the plug. Nobody can imagine how this happened. I am looking for some seperate new pins or just an old cut plug to cut and splice my wires but nobody here holds broken/cut wiring looms. Maybe i can try to visit auto recycle spots to find something but there is something basic missing from my daily program... the time to do that! Also an other big problem is that the car must leave from the workshop as soon as possible!

From 1.2 16V, many plugs are the same except the crankshaft position sensor and the coils! I have 4 seperate and it has 1 or 2 with spark plug cables!
I see what you are saying. You could get some old fiat plug but then you have the mission of getting connectors out and putting them into the plug on your car. The only way the connectors will come out is down towards the ECU. On the other fiat connectors you can release them from the top. but there are openings at the bottom suggesting you could put in a release tool.

If all else fails you can build up a wiring harnness with individual pins to replace the plug. The servo connectors on radio control models use a connector which goes nicely onto a single ECU pin A repair of sorts is possible.

I found an old photo of my ECU plug and you can see that it is easily possible to remove the lower green block of plastic to expose the connections. And then from googling you can see the wires can be crimped in such a way that the connector is the same thickness as the wiring! Which seems almost impossible but presumably the connectors will pull upwards out of that small hole at the top.
ECU Plug.JPG

Last edited:
I spent some more time looking into this repair. maybe i need to do it one day.

Until I start exposing the wires on my own plugs which i dont want to do again, I am supposing the wires are sealed at the top of the plug by some kind of hardening liquid. In the Aliexpress pictures you can see there is a sort of well at the top of the connector which i am guessing gets filled with something.

Back