Styling Mk2b slipping mats

Currently reading:
Styling Mk2b slipping mats

Hi, does anyone else find their drivers mat sliding foward and under the accelerator? Any way of solving - ive tried some stick on velcro but the sticky bit unstuck (n)

Yeah happens to me too, its very anoyying i just roll the back of the mat up abit, but in a while its back under the accelerator again, i might just buy a set of 4 mats with anti-slip backing, and only use the driver mat then see how that helps.

do you have the offical punto mats ?? do they have holes in the back corners of the drivers mat ??

i bought punto mats for my punto from fiat and there was two holes in back corners (nearest seat) you t hen got 2 screw things. you basically screw them into the carpet. locate the holes in the mat over teh top and then twist the tops this hold sthem in place and they never move :)

Dunno about the mark 2 but the mk1 has a plastic tray in the footwell so the mats slide around like crazy but some extra strength velcro and some superglue to glue the velcro to the mats (not the carpet) worked wonders. I can't even get them out to clean now, I have to hoover round them, thats how well it worked.

On my mk2b, it has a small 'jaggedy' shaped piece of plastic with a spring mechanism, directly under the accelerator pedal. the mat simply clips under here and my mats came with the clips that screw into the floor and then twist to secure the mat to the floor. They have never moved once.

They also make the mats and the car look more professional.

Hope this helps,

Steven.

I have this problem, but its never enough to affect my driving, I just gotta move it back every now and then.

hey i got a mk2b and i have never had this problem i have 2 different sets of mats and they have like a sandpaper rubbery back surface on them!! they were only cheep ones 2 so if i was you i would just shop around and get some with that backin on caus u will have no problems then!!

hope this helps!!

Back