Punto_stock.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Mk2b Punto daily project

Introduction

Hey everyone, I would like to introduce you to my car. :)

I drive an 2003 Punto multijet and it's sort of a father and son project. We've got it to replace the sei we've had before and it's been in the family just over 2 years now. When I(we) bought it was bone stock and not well taken care off.

showphoto.php

We've cleaned the whole interior to find out it was actually white not gray, changed the oil and filters. :)

It has air conditioning, power windows, power and colour coded mirrors, abs, adjustable steering wheel

Since I've loved cars since I can remember I couldn't help not to do something with the car. I had a deal with my father that I can do anything I want as long as I finance it and he will help me do it. I work part time as a student, sometimes even two jobs just to aford parts :D call me crazy but that's how I am.

In the two years we've had the car this is the mod list (not in actual order) that we've personally done(around 90%):
-Badgeless grille
-Matt black wrap on roof with the arial welded
-DIY black headlights with ccfl angel eyes
-Borbed 16 inch Abarth rims
-Sporting body kit
-mk2 hgt boot door with spoiler in matt wrap
-Alfa Romeo GT leather seats, front and back
-Subwoofer
-Coilovers
-DIY instrument cluster LED replacement
-Installed fog lights
-LED ambient light under the dash and front seats
-Mk2 leather steering wheel and shift knob
-Rear drum to Hgt disc conversion
-Tinted windows and taillights

That's pretty much it :)

Here are some pics how it looks now

Hey everyone, I would like to introduce you to my car. :)

I drive an 2003 Punto multijet and it's sort of a father and son project. We've got it to replace the sei we've had before and it's been in the family just over 2 years now. When I(we) bought it was bone stock and not well taken care off.

showphoto.php

We've cleaned the whole interior to find out it was actually white not gray, changed the oil and filters. :)

It has air conditioning, power windows, power and colour coded mirrors, abs, adjustable steering wheel

Since I've loved cars since I can remember I couldn't help not to do something with the car. I had a deal with my father that I can do anything I want as long as I finance it and he will help me do it. I work part time as a student, sometimes even two jobs just to aford parts :D call me crazy but that's how I am.

In the two years we've had the car this is the mod list (not in actual order) that we've personally done(around 90%):
-Badgeless grille
-Matt black wrap on roof with the arial welded
-DIY black headlights with ccfl angel eyes
-Borbed 16 inch Abarth rims
-Sporting body kit
-mk2 hgt boot door with spoiler in matt wrap
-Alfa Romeo GT leather seats, front and back
-Subwoofer
-Coilovers
-DIY instrument cluster LED replacement
-Installed fog lights
-LED ambient light under the dash and front seats
-Mk2 leather steering wheel and shift knob
-Rear drum to Hgt disc conversion
-Tinted windows and taillights

That's pretty much it :)

Here are some pics how it looks now

Lovely car! How easy were the seats to fit?

Lovely car! How easy were the seats to fit?

Front seats are just a straight foward swap. Unbolt the old ones, bolt in the new ones :)
The rear seats were a pain just to figure out how to fit them. I can do a DIY tutorial on the install in a seperate thread if you're interested. Somebody has allready asked so I think it could help people.

Front seats are just a straight foward swap. Unbolt the old ones, bolt in the new ones :)
The rear seats were a pain just to figure out how to fit them. I can do a DIY tutorial on the install in a seperate thread if you're interested. Somebody has allready asked so I think it could help people.

Yeah there a popular mod. I've heard about 147 seats but not gt ones.

Yeah there a popular mod. I've heard about 147 seats but not gt ones.

I was also on a hunt for 147 ones but stumbled upon these ones accidentaly and the guy selling told me they would fit.

The main difference is the GT ones have a higher but narrower backrest but the seating part fits perfectly and on the 147 I've heard that the backrest is near perfect but the seating part is a pain to fit. So a gt seating and 147 backrest would be an ideal combo :) Yeah and the GT front ones are much more supportive and feel more sportier

I've had some problems with the car the past week. It was twitching when I'd shift into third or fourth. It would twitch and then block at certain revs for a few seconds no matter how much gas you give it.

Turns out the map sezor was dirty so when that was cleaned this weekend it continued to run normaly

+the hood lifters were instaled but I'll post pictures when I get to my computer :)

I've had some problems with the car the past week. It was twitching when I'd shift into third or fourth. It would twitch and then block at certain revs for a few seconds no matter how much gas you give it.

Turns out the map sezor was dirty so when that was cleaned this weekend it continued to run normaly

+the hood lifters were instaled but I'll post pictures when I get to my computer :)

I'm glad you've installed hood lifters I've been considering then for a long time but couldn't find somewhere reliable to get them from. Where did you get yours and was they easy to fit?

I'm glad you've installed hood lifters I've been considering then for a long time but couldn't find somewhere reliable to get them from. Where did you get yours and was they easy to fit?

I've got mine from the trunk/boot :D They weren't doing their job properly so I've got new ones and instaled theese ones as hood lifters

The procces is very simple, get 4 bolts with a ball on top. The bolt is an M8 size, the head is 13 and the ball is 10mm in diameter. Undoo the bottom bolts that hold your wings and bolt two there and try to secure the other two in the hood without dropping anything in it :)

The only thing left to do is to paint the mounts in black or the same colour as the car

Last edited:
I've got mine from the trunk/boot :D They weren't doing their job properly so I've got new ones and instaled this ones as hood lifters

The procces is very simple, get 4 bolts with a ball on top. The bolt is an M8 size, the head is 13 and the ball is 10mm in diameter. Undoo the bottom bolts that hold your wings and bolt two there and try to secure the other two in the hood without dropping anything in it :)

The only thing left to do is to paint the mounts in black or the same colour as the car

Thanks for that I might have a go at doing it.

Btw I did click like on it but its disliked it as well for some reason :/

Love what you've done! What a transformation..

I was thinking about wrapping my front bumper in the same way you have. Thanks to you, I can now visualise it!

Keep up the good work,

Rhys

Thank you, we'll try :)

If you have acces to good quality wraps/vynils than it shouldn't be a problem. There are two parts under the plate that are very tricky to wrap because of all the rough edges. I'll see how it works out, if I'm not satisfied, I'll just paint it black :)

I was away for some time but still managed to add some details to my Punto :)

I've tinted the rear light reflectors (not sure how are they called) so the rear grille looks like a solid peace

Then I've tinted the side blinkers and fitted the Espace lip.

I'm not really satisfied with the lip and I've already found a replacement which should arrive by the end of the week :)

Last edited:
I was away for some time but still managed to add some details to my Punto :)

I've tinted the rear light reflectors (not sure how are they called) so the rear grille looks like a solid peace

Then I've tinted the side blinkers and fitted the Espace lip.

I'm not really satisfied with the lip and I've already found a replacement which should arrive by the end of the week :)

I know your not from uk but just a heads up tinting reflectors is illegal over here probably same where you are..

I know your not from uk but just a heads up tinting reflectors is illegal over here probably same where you are..

Well we've joined the EU so the same laws should apply here aswell. But the police does absolutely nothing about it and the people in the stations where we get our, let's say mot, really don't do their job well. You would't believe in what state are the cars I see on daily basis but they're "road worthy" because they know someone on the inside

But for safety aspects they are still visible when the light is pointed at them so I think I shouldn't have problems :) same with the blinkers, light shines right trough. But if I have problems I'll just wash it off with nitro paint remover :)

Well we've joined the EU so the same laws should apply here aswell. But the police does absolutely nothing about it and the people in the stations where we get our, let's say mot, really don't do their job well. You would't believe in what state are the cars I see on daily basis but they're "road worthy" because they know someone on the inside

But for safety aspects they are still visible when the light is pointed at them so I think I shouldn't have problems :) same with the blinkers, light shines right trough. But if I have problems I'll just wash it off with nitro paint remover :)

No bothers mate just don't want you getting in trouble! What are the plans for it next?

No bothers mate just don't want you getting in trouble! What are the plans for it next?

Thanks for looking out for me (y)

Hopefully this weekend I'll replace the lip and in the near future I'm planing on replacing the clutch. :)

During the winter I would like to save up some money for a remap, but before that I would like to check the turbo and chain and repair if needed. But when the spring comes I'll know for sure what to do :)

Back