Technical Mk2 Sporting BHP gain

Currently reading:
Technical Mk2 Sporting BHP gain

NandoAlonso142

Hi all, first of all would a Fiat Bravo 1.6 throttle body fit on my car and would it have much effect?

And does anyone know where I can get a sports cat and a new exhaust manifold to fit my Punto?

Its the 1.2 Sporting.

Thanks!

*Also, GSR or Pipercross Viper Induction? I've heard Viper is just a bit better.

Last edited:
Manifolds, look for 'Supersprint' (pricey but guaranteed gains)

Sport cats, look for 'Sportcats'. However, be aware that your engien has to be running pretty hot for these to be effective.

Throttle body, no idea, but typically a bigger body will give you more top-end power at the sacrifice of low-end torque. May end up less driveable

Induction kit, Viper is enclosed right? If that's the case, then that will be just fine. GSR are open filters, but routed to coolder parts of the engine bay. Your choice really.

Yeah I'll probably go Pipercross. Found a decent manifold.
814401.jpg
£340.

Just need to know if that throttle body would fit.

Did you bother searching before you decided to start this thread? The question has been asked over and over again. If you have a few grand to put into the engine, you might get another 30bhp. If you want a quick, cheap injection of power, you've bought the wrong car.

Did you bother searching before you decided to start this thread? The question has been asked over and over again. If you have a few grand to put into the engine, you might get another 30bhp. If you want a quick, cheap injection of power, you've bought the wrong car.

I don't need to bother searching when I can just make a thread. If everyone did that there would be no new threads. And money isn't much of a problem here.

Well if money isnt a problem, buy a car with a bigger engine, maybe one with a turbo;). You're not going to like my response, but in all honesty you will not see much horsey power on a wee 1.2, not unless you want to spend thousands that is. Like many others on here before you they've tried all sorts of mods, but if truth be told not many big gains. Ive seen some on here who will say that they are happy with a certain mod & gained more BHP, but I think that they are easily pleased:D

Well if money isnt a problem, buy a car with a bigger engine, maybe one with a turbo;). You're not going to like my response, but in all honesty you will not see much horsey power on a wee 1.2, not unless you want to spend thousands that is. Like many others on here before you they've tried all sorts of mods, but if truth be told not many big gains. Ive seen some on here who will say that they are happy with a certain mod & gained more BHP, but I think that they are easily pleased:D

Companys won't insure me on the HGT. Thats why i bought a sporting.

Back