General mk2 radio 'Wait' message, for 5 days now...

Currently reading:
General mk2 radio 'Wait' message, for 5 days now...

Fram

Hi Guys,
I originally posted a query to this in the I.C.E. section, but got little response as I believe that its mainly for new stereo's.
The problem is exactly as the title. I have had my punto for 5 days now when I bought it the radio had the 'wait' message on, due to the garage believing that they had the right code for the radio, they put in the wrong code and got the 'wait' message. I rang the main dealer from where the car was originally bought and they gave me the correct code. But I am still waiting for the 'wait' message to dissapear and like I say its been 5 days. I drive an hour and a half to work every day and just want some tunes, its driving me nuts, I have tried disconnecting the stereo from the dash for a few hours and then plugging it back in, and have also disconnected the battery, and touched the end of the leads together, all to no avail.
Anyone who can help?
Thanks a lot guys
Fram.

Every time you enter the wrong code it takes longer before you can try to enter it again, I can't remember the amount of time it increases by though hopefully they have'nt tryed the wrong code too many times else it will be locked out.

Sounds like it might be locked then...next question...yup you guessed it how do I unlock it?
Thanks
Fram.

Go into one of them in-car electrics sort of shops (You know the ones chavs everywhere massive speakers etc), they'll be able to do it(y)

Hi guys,
Problem now solved.......I bought a kenwood:D
Thanks for all the replies.
Fram

Back