Technical mk2 punto oil leak

Currently reading:
Technical mk2 punto oil leak

Rockett

every time i park my car up it leaves a patch of oil about 15 cam by 5 cm wat is the likely course and if is the rocker cover gasket woould it leave oil on the floor? or is it more likely the sump?

--

hi,

both items (rocker gasket & sumps) are common on puntos.

the rocker gasket tends to perish & the sump corrodes (Rusts)

obviously you would have to get it check out first

rocker gasket is approx £4.50
sump & sealant would be approx £80.00 :(

i can supply both these items if you wish

regards

Mark

--

im praying for rocker cover and sump not corded. will i be able to get a sump from a good gargae tmmorow? or will the parts suppliers have to order them in?

im praying for rocker cover and sump not corded. will i be able to get a sump from a good gargae tmmorow? or will the parts suppliers have to order them in?

you will probably find that the only place to get a sump from would be a Fiat Dealer.

A decent Fiat dealer should keep a sump in stock but tomorrow being a Sunday the chances of finding a dealer being open is highly unlikely. :(

Mark

the very slack people at fiat can i weld patch over it or anything for the moment ?

its probably not a hole, just leaking from warping due to heat etc., it will be the seal thats leaking so still a new one., if thats where the leak is comming from to begin with.,.,

will i be able to reseal it for the moment to stop it for the moment or is there nothing i cna do till i get a new sump!

can i seal the old one up for the moment till tht one comes?

Back