General mk2 punto clutch

Currently reading:
General mk2 punto clutch

x-paul-x

hi, ive got a 2000 mk2 punto, 1.2. i had my in the garage getting two new tyres fitted to it. and when ive got my car back they told me that my clutch is on it way out and will not even last me another 6 months. ive tried pulling away in 4th and 5th gear and the car stalls fine. so i dont know what to do and i mean the garage where i got my tyres is a really good garage but how did the mechanic know that my clutch was like almost gone but the test i done was fine. hope sum1 can help me, thanx alot

does it slip? floor it take it through the revs, if it revs higher than your going it slipping.

pretty obvious.

if you think its ok then wait until it 'needs' doing, just start putting away money for it to be done (about £200) because for him to say its going, it probably is, just not too noticable.

Another way to test it is to be driving along on a quiet hilly road, when your coming up to an incline knock it up 1 or 2 gears and floor the throttle if the clutch is slipping you will see (and hear) the revs rise but the car dosent speed up. If this dosent happen and the car bogs down and struggeles to go up the hill the clutch is not slipping.

Do you get any judders/clicks/creaks/funny noises when pressing the clutch pedal or changing gears?

just tried all them things and it seems ok, cnt hear no strange noise or nothing so i going to go back tomorrow and see the head bloke and have a word with him, i mean the lad who done my car didnt look too smart either, lol

Back