General Mk2 Punto Angel Headlights - Problem

Currently reading:
General Mk2 Punto Angel Headlights - Problem

You'll need to proper wire brush them clean. Or something similar. Very common on rear lights on punto's.

Check none of the exposed metal is bent or coming into contact with any other connection. Could just be a cross somewhere once they were installed

My only major doubt with this is that its happening on both headlights :S i think theres a wire were it shouldnt be i think the yellow and white wire should be swapped but i dont know what these wires are

yh i had this exact same problem when i took my headlights out....moisture causes corrosion in the headlight plug and makes the earth points rust and become weak

what i did was...

*spray the plug with WD40 and if there any green or white corrosion on the pins take a thin flat head and scrape it clean a bit then a lot of WD40 in the connector but do not dry it back out just plug back to the loom
*open rear covers of headlight (like changing bulb) and follow the negative wire there should only be one which is mounted at several points on the headlight metal frame...check that they are not rusty or loose. mine was rusty and i had to move the earth to a new point :)

mine was fine after this hope this helps :D

I will do this tomorrow brin so i just clean inside both connectors? i just thought it was a bit weird for them both to be doing it at the same time :S which is the negative wire though?

Back