Mk2 on ebay

Currently reading:
Mk2 on ebay

alexGS said:
I'd like to know if the seller knows what an 'auxiliary heater' is...
Rust at the top of the doors - AFTER a respray, well... what can you say.
185bhp... oh really? ;)

-Alex

My thoughts exactly......obviously a quality job. Lets hope they also have the Dyno sheet to support the claims. I can imagine the answer now "oh yeah the previous guy forgot to forward it to me".

:hm:...........................i dont trust that one

Something just dont add-up

It looks like a converted 60S.........and a "re-mapped ECU" and "Performance AFM"?????? :confused:

Tom, do you smell bull or is it just me?

would dearly love to know how he got 185bhp from the little mods thats been done.

i reckon he's got one of them there MAGIC uno ecu's that we used to hear so much about that can be re-mapped.

i reckon the seller is the guy on the right and his ecu is fettled by the well known, all round magic bloke on the left :D

aladdin_and_genie.jpg

LOL

I see this a lot on ebay, esp 'remapped ecu' where it can't be altered, and in one case where the car didn't even have an ecu as such (vauxhall chevette special) :rolleyes:

also just about all the cars on ebay now boast 'auxilary heaters' little do they know what one is (one of them electric jet turbines for heating your car up in the morning in scandinaivan countries, where it is illegal to let your engine run to warm up the car:rolleyes: ).

This is my freinds car and there is a dyno grpah to prove the 185 bhp!! he decided not to sell it in the end and kept it.

Neither the Mk1 or Mk2 kan be remapped within the ECU fitted in the AFM in this 1,4 in the article. It can be altered with a piggyback computer, like the SMT5/6/7 or with a Unichip box.

185 hp's can never be reached with a standard turbocharger. The 1,4 IHI turbo can do around 150 hp's without killing it self.

Rolling road papers or not.

(they can easily be altered - both on papir and when being measured on the rollers...)

Back