Technical Mk2 Lowering Springs - Let's Talk!

Currently reading:
Technical Mk2 Lowering Springs - Let's Talk!

MR.COATES

Professional Know-It-All
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm currently looking to get my lowering springs onto my Mk2 1.2 8v Active Sport.

I've got the springs (Gmax) which should drop about 25mm, not much but that's without requiring a shock absorber upgrade.

Now I've got quite a bit of info on what's involved (Haynes manual at the ready) but was wondering if anyone's fitted them to a Mk2 before to make my life a little easier.

Cheers in advance everyone!

Yellow Punto? Bit girly isn't it?

Not sure about fitting, am lame at that stuff [V]

But you can drop if 50mm on the same shocks, on a Sporting anyway. :D

Punto MK2 Sporting 16v, Full Abarth Bodykit + Alloys.

I'll merrily just get amongst it (no fear!!), just want to know if there's any good tips along the way.

I basically know what's gonna be involved, I'm sure the Haynes description is more complicated than it really is.

Just need to know where i can get some spring clamps from (to keep them from expanding any more after the car is jacked up).

Think the drop will be around 25mm (poss up to 35mm) - but that seems to vary depending on the weight of the car etc.

Yer will make a good difference, I'm thinking get mine lowered at some point, been buying it too many pressies recently though!! |)

But I do love it ;)

Was thinking 40mm, little more practical than my mates 50mm!

Yer, btw it's Gav who has it lowered 50mm take a look at his when you get the skirts from him, it looks damn good ;)

He's a basterd, lol :D

It looked pretty low on the pics you sent - VERY jealous.

He's probably just compensating for something. Not like us.

:D

lowering is quite easy and dont take to long but make sure you got everything to hand
use axle stands to. I started at the back as these easiset its also lot better to have two of you doing it especially on the fronts getting them back in
as for clamps you can buy them from most motor factors round £20 but you can hire them from hire shops £2 a day i think i paid
i dropped mine -50mm looks good and i dont get probs with speed humps

www.puntomk2.co.uk

Back