mk2 front speakers

Currently reading:
mk2 front speakers

naz85

Hi, how easy is it to replace the factory fit punto mk2 front speakers? Is it a job i can do myself. ie. jus screw in the new speakers or do i need to seal it or something like that?
Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00193.JPG
    DSC00193.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 36
Diamond Audios fit a treat.... and a snip at £300 a pair !!!

No spacers required.

Just wait until you want to run proper speaker cable to them.

Others will expain the fun involved!!

sunny your having the same prob? what a coincidence

gregit said:
Diamond Audios fit a treat.... and a snip at £300 a pair !!!

No spacers required.

Just wait until you want to run proper speaker cable to them.

Others will expain the fun involved!!

What gauge are you running? And what WRMS do the comps take? :D

chaos said:
What gauge are you running? And what WRMS do the comps take? :D

I am just running them off the head unit at the moment with the factory wiring. Not using the crossovers or the tweeters. I kinda lost interest in kitting the car out with ICE. Shame really, cos I went to the effort of running a live from the battery to the boot along with the RCA's from the Head Unit.

Oh, running a Alpine CDA 9812rb so using the HPF and LPF filters on that to sort the speakers.

H2DaE said:
greg, at the moment i just have the speaker cable running from under the carpet to behind the door card. Looks a bit chavvy when the door is open, but when it's closed the wires tuck up between the door and the dash, completely out of sight (y)

Does the job I guess! Just won't win any prizes for neatness !! lol

Well I'm still considering my options, since it won't be til august. But my most probable one is to get a Mk2 JTD, or a Stilo JTD and get it remapped. Hopefully by then I will be doing more travelling for work so I need the MPG to be high, and I like the look of the bhp and torque figures for the remapped JTD (y) Not sure what it will be like to drive though :chin: whats yours like?

well i installed my speakers, the problem is that even with 17s they do not fit snugly as i am only able to screw one side in, so im guessing i need an mdf spacer ring... :bang:

Back