Technical mk2 exhaust centre pipe

Currently reading:
Technical mk2 exhaust centre pipe

jonyid

I need to get the centre pipe replaced on my 1.2 8v active and I was wondering if people knew of a reliable garage in North London (enfield area) or how much i should realistically be expecting to pay for it to be replaced?

thanks in advance guys

would you be willing to travel to waltham abbey? i know a place there, it's been family run, owners are friends of the family and they always do a good job and are quick and reasonable, not mega far away,

it's called abbey motors

Hi, i had mine changed on my mk2b last month and I paid 60.00 quid all in although not in London, hope this helps

One thing i'd say as well

there are 2 types of center pipes
A Box Version and a Straight Through version

personally i'd go with a straight through for 2 reasons
1 = Less weight = saves fuel
2 = Works same anyway, and i've had nothing but trouble with middle box's, my center pipe was great till it snapped

Ziggy

2 = Works same anyway, and i've had nothing but trouble with middle box's, my center pipe was great till it snapped

Ziggy

agree:)
but more for the reason the straight through pipes cheper:D

Ziggy

I have midbox and just out of curiosity, what does it do? Is it just an added silencer?

i recently had a center pipe and back box fitted for £80 straight through pipe too.

the middle box possibly creates more back pressure
any one who has messed with various setups over the years will come to the conclusion as i did that some engines benefit from increased back pressure and some dont
im a believer that a cooking punto doesnt, hovever a cheap nasty exhaust on them does make it sound like it might have a valve off at tickover

cheers everybody, will ask for a straight through centre pipe, getting quotes now will report back. I know kwik-fit wanted £93 for it though

Back