Technical MK2 Exhast?

Currently reading:
Technical MK2 Exhast?

Hey again!

My MK2 is just under 3 years old and i think the exhaust is starting to pack up, which i'm reliably informed is about how long exhausts last...
So i'm gonna replace it, but then i started thinking about these "Straight through" ones... i was talking to a guy and he said it basically made it louder... i'd like this as it sounds a bit pathetic at the moment, any idea how these work/if they are any better/worse than a standard exhaust...

quite alot to ask :D

hope you can help!
:) wen

Cheaky nad! :p

Wow do they really make that much difference?
are they gonna be about 150 quid, or am i underestimating?
looking at google people are talking about catbacks... what are they.

With Love, N00b :p

Lots of different exhausts for the MK2.

You'll be looking at a cat back unless you want to buy the manifold for the mark 2 as this is where the cat is located.

I'd suggest supersprint as it has often been said that they are the best, although certainly not the cheapest. It also gives the better power gains but they are not all that loud.

Other companies such as powerflow, ashley, janspeed, magnex, all do a reasonable job.

go for the supersprint, its the only one that actually makes it quicker and the subtle burbly thrum is much better than a massively loud corsa type sound (this is what I call a car with a massive exhaust on that allows you to hear how hard their engine is working just to move the thing, I mean we all have cheap, small, poorly built, underpowered (other than a few) cars, so lets keep em quiet, you don't want to be drawing attention to the fact that it takes your car 16seconds to get its crisp packet arse to 60mph).

ROTFL!

No i totally agree with you, i dont want a roar, i just want to get a noise that sounds like... well, well built...
so were all pretty sure that supersprint are the mucho best..o..

but do we all agree getting one of these is going to work out better than going standard? :)

:) wen

Back