Technical Mk2 door mech 3&5 door

Currently reading:
Technical Mk2 door mech 3&5 door

distortedmemories

Ok as i've said in a previous post my door now fails to shut due to the mech not working/engaging. so decided i would replace it! however when i went to the scrappys there was only a 5door model, so was wondering if any of you knew if the mech on a 3 and 5 door are similar enough to work? (presuming its only the rod sizes that are different?) it also appears this mech has/had central locking as it was wired in. But presumably it would work just fine manually? also im not sure how the key barrell fits/works in all of this... any help would be appreciated as it appears to be quite a tricky job (removing and re fitting all the plastic guides.

incase anyone was wondering they are NOT alike, first up there is no space for a barrell on the mech i brought! but after 3 hours of fiddeling, and using an angle grinder i managed to get the 5 door locking mech to fit and used all the origional 3 door polls so now i have a door that will shut open and lock (lock - from the inside) but obviously my key wont work! but i still class this as an improvement to having a door which wont close, the reason i didnt wait around until i could source a 3 door one was because i have an mot coming up, and figured they would disaprove of a door which was always open....lol

Back