Technical Mk2 discs and pads

Currently reading:
Technical Mk2 discs and pads

I don't think anyone is getting the point instead of welding I was going to bolt 2 sheets of steel, one over the hole inside and one sheet under the hole under the car and bolt them together through the floor then I was going to put sealent over the new sheet of steel under the car

If it's not going to pass this way I'm going to rip it apart and buy another mk2 and use it as spare parts, shame really as I've just spent a fortune on it, but there's so many for £200-£300 out there I just don't think spending another £150 on welder and £100 on new pads, discs, springs and shocks is justified also the cars developed a very loud noise from left side front wheel and it's not the discs or pads making the noise. The car still has 6 months mot left on it so I might as well drive it into the ground. I'm very p****d like as I've only owned it two months and the dealer told me it was a safe car to use for the family. Just goes to show even dealers are dodgy. Talking about bad luck but 3 cars in 12 month is just taking the p**s.

Total loss
Car one £300 purchase £1000 spent scrapped 2 months later (gearbox)
Car two £500 purchase £400 spent
Scrapped 5 months later (engine)
Car three £360 purchase £500 spent
Getting scrapped 2 months later too much wrong

Total around £2500 losses

Surely my 4th car will give me better luck

(I don't think anyone is getting the point instead of welding I was going to bolt 2 sheets of steel, one over the hole inside and one sheet under the hole under the car and bolt them together through the floor then I was going to put sealent over the new sheet of steel under the car)

We was listening mate,
honest, ;)

thing is here you wouid have to be very good at hiding the plate,making it look flush with the floor, if mot tester is a jobsworth then he spys out its game over
waste of coin for test fee etc. and more time wasted taking it all off again,

ive got away with sills before with JB weld.. its good stuff and sounds like metal
if tapped :devil:

I don't think anyone is getting the point instead of welding I was going to bolt 2 sheets of steel, one over the hole inside and one sheet under the hole under the car and bolt them together through the floor then I was going to put sealent over the new sheet of steel under the car

If it's not going to pass this way I'm going to rip it apart and buy another mk2 and use it as spare parts, shame really as I've just spent a fortune on it, but there's so many for £200-£300 out there I just don't think spending another £150 on welder and £100 on new pads, discs, springs and shocks is justified also the cars developed a very loud noise from left side front wheel and it's not the discs or pads making the noise. The car still has 6 months mot left on it so I might as well drive it into the ground. I'm very p****d like as I've only owned it two months and the dealer told me it was a safe car to use for the family. Just goes to show even dealers are dodgy. Talking about bad luck but 3 cars in 12 month is just taking the p**s.

Total loss
Car one £300 purchase £1000 spent scrapped 2 months later (gearbox)
Car two £500 purchase £400 spent
Scrapped 5 months later (engine)
Car three £360 purchase £500 spent
Getting scrapped 2 months later too much wrong

Total around £2500 losses

Surely my 4th car will give me better luck

(there's so many for £200-£300 out there )
they will be rotten at that price, ive just broke one up that looked mint from outside..long mot on it too, but it was rotten all way through. if there cheap
then theres something major wrong with them imho,.

the one ive just broke up looked mint & a cheap buy, but everything was hidden under the carpet.
too get agooden you has to spend good money.

Last edited:
Back