Technical Mk2 discs and pads

Currently reading:
Technical Mk2 discs and pads

Well like all old cars things keep popping up my pads and discs are worn and need replacing, my question is where is the cheapest place to get them I've looked on websites and contacted shops I've been quoted between £79 and £330 for the parts I always do the labour myself but I'm sure I'm looking at the wrong places as my mate has told me I should be able to get them for £30-£50. My car as most of you know is the 1.2 8v none abs.

Any ideas

So here's my list,

Completed rear drums, shoes, cylinders
New rear springs
New alloy wheels
Full service
New bulbs
Full sound system including 6x9
Completely sealed with new undersealent
New coolant hose for behind the manifold

Still needed
New springs and shocks on front
New pads and discs
Rust hole to cut out and weld but I have 7 months before it's mot so not a priority and I've sealed it for time being.
Apart from that the car is totally finished and now looks the part I hope.

If anyone has shocks and springs let me know I will be more then happy to take them

look here
http://www.andrewpage.com/content/7/depot_details

they will have a walk in trade counter
give them your registration number and ask for budget discs and pads
your car has solid discs
although you will be charged more than me you will still get a favourable price
£10 a disc seems reasonable
£13 for pads reasonable too
that should come in at under £40 with vodka and tonic added

or try eurocarparts as i get my trade pads off them for even less

look here
http://www.andrewpage.com/content/7/depot_details

they will have a walk in trade counter
give them your registration number and ask for budget discs and pads
your car has solid discs
although you will be charged more than me you will still get a favourable price
£10 a disc seems reasonable
£13 for pads reasonable too
that should come in at under £40 with vodka and tonic added

or try eurocarparts as i get my trade pads off them for even less

eurocarparts have everything under off atm, i brought my pagid discs and pads for £48~ and 2-3 cans of brake cleaner as they were under off as well

I just bought discs and pads for our grande about 2 weeks ago from eBay which are vented and much larger and the total bill including delivery was £39 which was an epic bargain

I always find GSF to be the best for punto parts

Thanks guys but since asking I'm very p*****

Why?

I've had three cars in the passed 12 months and I've had nothing but bad luck first car the gearbox blew, second car head gasket blew and cracked the block and my current car which is my pun to which I love to bits which is why I'm p***** so what's wrong I was under the car finishing the sealent and have now found one floor pan is basically stuck on with glue to the sills with a crack right through and the sills need replacing ive already spent a fortune on the car and found its all been done for nothing. I'm a career for my mum and also care for my disabled child which is why i depends on my car as I do 100 miles a day and now can't afford to replace the car as I've spent all my savings on it. I've had my car at a few different garages and all have said unless your willing to pay in excess of £1k we suggest scrapping it.

I'm upset, my partners upset, my mums very upset I just don't know what to do. I'm also p***** as the person I bought it from must of known this but somehow it passed its mot 4 months ago

I just don't know maybe I should not have a car

Ignore garages.
Find someone that welds they don't have to be a mechanic so no garages needed here,
Just ask around ..you never knows..

Years a go I used to weld in full floors..basicly from an old twin-tub.

Someone out there that is old skool. Might mend ya car for you for beer money...

Ignore garages.
Find someone that welds they don't have to be a mechanic so no garages needed here,
Just ask around ..you never knows..

Years a go I used to weld in full floors..basicly from an old twin-tub.

Someone out there that is old skool. Might mend ya car for you for beer money...

Done that too
Back then you really couldnt get sheet steel anyway
Well at least leylands were sheet steel

I think people like us are all getting to an age now where we dont want to weld up full floor pans, i dont
Didnt think in this day and age someone would go to the bother of sticking a panel on the floor though and its outside the 3 months vosa rule for corrosion complaints
The only advice i can add 614cooker is ask local car traders who they would use as a welder just in case they know someone who does it off the main circuit, but even in my area i dont know anyone and the price of rentals of bottles and insurance problems means even my mot station only has a £200 mig and some pub gas

Just thinking would a arch welder do it as I am trained from collage for welding using all different welders but I just can't afford a mig so as a arch welder is the cheapest. It's also the first time since collage I've had to do body work on my own car as usually I just scrap the car but as I love this car it really is apart of the family, sounds daft but that's how I feel. Not just that I very much doubt I would get another punto with a number plate spelling stig without buying a private one.

OK I'm thinking for the time being, cut the rust out then get two sheets off steel, one inside the car and one outside under the car drill holes around the sheet of two metals and in the floor of the car, then weld the bolts to the steel inside the car then bolt it from the outside under the car to inside, rust fixed cover in sealent which means its not just stronger but completely repaired.

The only problem is would this be a pass for the mot. Personally I don't see why not as it would be stronger then just welding the one sheet to the floor and would also stop it from rusting any more as it would not get any more moisture. Of course I'm going to put sealent between the two sheets so it should last for a couple more years doing it this way.

OK I'm thinking for the time being, cut the rust out then get two sheets off steel, one inside the car and one outside under the car drill holes around the sheet of two metals and in the floor of the car, then weld the bolts to the steel inside the car then bolt it from the outside under the car to inside, rust fixed cover in sealent which means its not just stronger but completely repaired.

The only problem is would this be a pass for the mot. Personally I don't see why not as it would be stronger then just welding the one sheet to the floor and would also stop it from rusting any more as it would not get any more moisture. Of course I'm going to put sealent between the two sheets so it should last for a couple more years doing it this way.

any plate must be continuously welded on its entire circumference (seam welded)n your plan is worthless and would weaken the floor
you need mig or gas (oxy acetylene) to do this properly
sorry

I on e spoke to an mot man who had an old citroen presented for an mot, it was in perfect condition especially the sills which the owner stated he'd "just don't" anyway when the mot guy got to the sills it transpired they were recently replaced and painted looked amazing however the owner was was a carpenter by trade and he'd replaced the sills with huge lumps of mahogany carved to shape and seamlessly fitted anyway they were 10 times stronger than the flimsy French iron they replaced however after consulting with vosa he had to fail the car on its mot as the sills were not of the original construction, for mot purposes as the sills were not metal they weren't there

Back