Styling Mk2 Colour Coded Bumpers...

Currently reading:
Styling Mk2 Colour Coded Bumpers...

djedwardsmith

I'm looking into colour coding my bumpers to match the car. I've got a black, 3 door mk2. Any input at to whether it would be possible/easier to spray them myself, or to look out on eBay for some cheap colour coded bumpers, or ring around any local scrappies?

Any advice would be appreciated :p

If your a novice then spraying an entire bumper is a hard task especially if you have the black plastic bumpers from the lower spec puntos or (MIA's) It would be bad to paint them as they are an awful texture for spraying even if rubbed down they wont look as good as the real deal, they also dont have the detachable inserts so will just look wrong.

Buy some proper CC bumpers from a scrap yard.

Last edited:
If your a novice then spraying an entire bumper is a hard task especially if you have the black plastic bumpers from the lower spec puntos or (MIA's) It would be bad to paint them as they are an awful texture for spraying even if rubbed down they wont look as good as the real deal, they also dont have the detachable inserts so will just look wrong.

Buy some proper CC bumpers from a scrap yard.

Yeah, it's a Mia and I thought it wouldn't be the best idea but didn't know if it'd be easier to do than trying to source a new set of bumpers to match my car.

Back