General MK2 angel headlights

Currently reading:
General MK2 angel headlights

Is it as easy as taking off bumper, unplug existing headlights then plug in angels? What lamp is used for the indicator and sidelight?
I have a pic of what it will look like; what do you think?

Cheers

Attachments

• Car front 2006 oper doors.JPG
    Car front 2006 oper doors.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 76
Dunno on a mk2.....mk1 u just swap them over.
On a mk1 the indictor is the same bulb as before...the sidelight go into the little light and whatever esle u wire into it.

You have wire the angel eyes to your sidelight wires.

hey, i have the black mk2 angel eyes!

basically, remove the front bumper, and then unbolt and unplug the headlights and then do the opposite to install them! there will be a spare plug coming off the new lights which are for fogs, but there is nothing to plug these into so leave them.

if you want to connect the halos so they come on with the sidelights (and dipped beam etc.) then connect the halo wires to the sidelight wires INSIDE the headlight unit, as it wont work if you connect them to the wires on the outside, and if like me you only want halo rings as sidelights then simply dont connect them when you connect the halos.

hope this helps!!

ps. what colour angels did you go for??

hey, i have the black mk2 angel eyes!

basically, remove the front bumper, and then unbolt and unplug the headlights and then do the opposite to install them! there will be a spare plug coming off the new lights which are for fogs, but there is nothing to plug these into so leave them.

if you want to connect the halos so they come on with the sidelights (and dipped beam etc.) then connect the halo wires to the sidelight wires INSIDE the headlight unit, as it wont work if you connect them to the wires on the outside, and if like me you only want halo rings as sidelights then simply dont connect them when you connect the halos.

hope this helps!!

ps. what colour angels did you go for??

Hi, i havent bought any yet but i was going to go for the black ones. So is there a sidelight lamp in the same postion as the standrd ones? as i only see two rings and a fog lamp (which i dont have). Where is the indicator and sidlight lamp?

the original sidelights as you know are towards the inside of the unit, but on the angel eyes they are on the far side.

if you want the halos on instead of your sidelights (like me :cool: lol) then connect the halo wires to the wires going to the sidelights, remember this needs to be done inside the unit itself, or it wont work for some reason!

the original sidelights as you know are towards the inside of the unit, but on the angel eyes they are on the far side.

if you want the halos on instead of your sidelights (like me :cool: lol) then connect the halo wires to the wires going to the sidelights, remember this needs to be done inside the unit itself, or it wont work for some reason!

cool, ill have a shop around for the cheapest pair.
Thank you!

the indicator is an orange bulb, so yeh it will flash orange, and its in the top far corner of the unit, but you can swap these bulbs for the silver version which i did, and they still flash orange, makes the light look nicer as they are only silver and black instead of seeing the orange bulb all the time!

I was goin 2 buy a set of black angel eyes 2. was wonder if they come with fogs as my car has fogs already or will i lose them???????? thanks

i didnt find them any different to the standard headlights in terms of brightness, but if there is they would probably be brighter!

Back