General Mk1 with power steering

Currently reading:
General Mk1 with power steering

CWpete

Hey there, i have a Mk1 Punto 60SX 1.2 8v 99 with central locking, leccy windows and power steering, and vacumn servo assisted braking, i was just wondering are mk1s with power steering rare as i've been told by quite a few people that it is, every1 else i know with a mk1 punto doesn't have power steering, just wondering out of interest!

------------------
Pete
------------------
Cruisewilmslow.vispa.com

It's on most Mk2's but very few Mk1's :)

------/F/I/A/T/------

Fart In A Tin
<font color="orange">1994 Punto 55SX, metallic red, small, Italian and beautiful! </font id="orange">

PAS is for girlie girls! I enjoy a work-out when I parallel park!

Spirito di Punto | M-reg 55SX, black, 5dr. Clear repeaters. Remote locking fitted, no light confirmation yet though - need relay fitted

MK2 Punto with the "girlie" button...[xx(]

------/F/I/A/T/------

Fart In A Tin
<font color="orange">1994 Punto 55SX, metallic red, small, Italian and beautiful! </font id="orange">

yeah power steering is pretty uncommon (car doesn't really need)... means when you get the back end to slide out on a wet roundabout (which is pretty hard in a standard 60s) that you have the feel to correct it... but eh i'm just an idiot at heart!!

You can get the back end out before it understeers?!??

Spirito di Punto | M-reg 55SX, black, 5dr. Clear repeaters. Remote locking fitted, no light confirmation yet though - need relay fitted

only when it is really wet... or the only other time happened when i hit a bump in the road which unsettled the rear suspension just as i turned into a fairly tight bend... have always taken that bend slightly slower ever since...

or last week when i worked late.. came out to find an empty snowy car park... 10mph and a dod of handbrake works quite well to kill understeer though i'd never do that on the road or at speed... too bloody dangerous..

heh, there's this great bend in Bristol round a high-speed roundabout on the dual carriageway with a huge fault line in it. As you turn and fly through you it you can feel the car almost take off. Good for testing your lateral grip and I always enjoy it. Sadly though a few people have died because of it, the latest one for some reason a girl was on the central res when a car lost it hitting that bump and hit her. Just makes me think a few lives could have been saved if they'd have done the road properly to begin with, as not everyone knows their limit in such places.

Originally posted by Cazza
Whereabouts in Bristol is that then? I'll be sure to take care when i'm driving :D
It's Cribbs Causeway, the dual carriageway heading back towards the Old Crow roundabout Henbury way. You from nearby?

Yeah i'm about 5 mins away from Cribbs Causeway, i hate driving round there :D

I was just curious as to which roundabout it was, as someone crashed into me on the A4174 just before xmas, was wondering if it was the same place :)

You must live real close to me then :I

In term time anyway. If you see a black Punto 55 M-reg with clear repeaters flash me [8D]

Whereabouts do you live then?

Are you at Uni round here? If you see anyone in a black 96 55 SX punto with Zippy in the window (sad i know) that'll be me :D

Yeah I'm at UWE but I live in Clifton. Hey, you're not M646LDV are you? I passed a girl in that the other day, it was identical to mine - black 5dr 55SX, same reg and all.

Zippy is a legend! Don't tell anyone but I have George air freshener in my oddments shelf :p

No that wasn't me sorry :)

Yeah zippy is fab, i got the air freshner and a stick on zippy in the bac :D

I'm going to UWE in sept, i'm at soundwell college at the mo!!! Well i was until the crash :(

So do you know a lot about punto's then? :)

Crash? B) Are you OK, what happened?

I know a fair bit about Puntos now, much more than when I first got mine anyway. I knew they were the best choice for me for a first car for reliability, performance, economy, image, costs etc. and I'm glad to say I've never regretted my decision. I've got a good 'un, though, he's been well looked-after :)

Well done on choosing UWE, I've really enjoyed myself and I'm going to be really sad when we leave this summer :(. Get involved straight off, you won't regret it. :)

What course are you gong to do?

My car isn't that good, it was a present but it hadn't really been looked after previously :( and after 4 weeks of having it a HGV went into the back of me [:0] Its a nice car though, I really like it and for a 1st car its not too bad :) Plus for what I use it, its probably the best choice.

I'm going studying Law at UWE, hopefully starting in Sept, if things go well! What are you studying there?

English. I hope having a slightly dodgy punto won't put you off them in future!

Back