Technical mk1 twin beam headlights

Currently reading:
Technical mk1 twin beam headlights

first of all i,ll say sorry for this post:cry: as i have seen this question asked before..but i cant find it in search:confused: ....anyways i,ve upgraded twin beamed lamps off a sporting to my 75sx [got them very cheap] thing is i,ve wired up corect wires etc but on full beam 1 set of bulbs goes off is this meant to happen:confused: have i done somthing wrong or what:bang:

thanks for any help(y)

Its because the old lights that were in only used one bulb with 2 filaments in and which shared the same earth so when you put full beam on the dipped beam filement will just go out, but because it was in the same bulb the light was still on, now when you do it the dipped beam one goe's off but because theres now 2 bulbs one of them will go off!

sure someone can do it with some wiring here and there, i've got the same problem but i dont use main beam that often so i've just left it:D

yes i kind of guesed that it was somthing like that but what do i do to fix it.
i live in the stixs & i need all the light i can get.......(y)
anyone help please:worship:

i dont really get this :confused:
have you fitted a combined main and dipped bulbs (477 Halfords code :D) in your punto and one filament isnt working?

i dont get what you are saying where did halfruads come into this:confused:
i,ve fitted a two bulbed headlight as fitted on sporting/gt models mk1 punto to my 75sx model wich obviously has different wiring set up.. what i,m trying
to find out how to wire up correctly so both bulbs work together on full beam .... what dont you get:confused:

:eek: ah just seen your age if its 16:eek: that explains a lot... sorry son you should be out there getting some exersize:D not in front of a screen like a sad old geezer like me:eek: ..go on get out there(y)

Thats not nice. Fella was trying to help.

All you needed to say was the GT has twin headlamps! Your problem is simply due to wiring differences. Try a multimeter, soldering iron, and shrink wrap. :)

DtT

Thats not nice. Fella was trying to help.

All you needed to say was the GT has twin headlamps! Your problem is simply due to wiring differences. Try a multimeter, soldering iron, and shrink wrap. :)

DtT

jings :eek: whats not nice:confused: i thought i made myself very clear:D
actually the gt does not have twin headlamps it has twin/bulbs:D fella...
can anyone actually show me a diagram on how to wire up the lights:confused: as ive said before its only easy when you know the answer(y)

Back